Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ribbon Carousel and Your Next Stamp Blog Hop

YNS Hop

Hello Crafty Friends!  The Ribbon Carousel Crewmates are teaming up with the designers from Your Next Stamp to bring you a blog hop that is sure to impress and inspire you!

Photobucket

Be sure to head over to the Ribbon Carousel Blog for full details on the hop and the wonderful prizes that are going to be given away.  Karen, the owner of YNS, is also offering a special discount code for participants of the hope.  Just use code YNSRC15 for 15% off (good through June 30th).

YNSBlogHop_JustALittleHello_DanielleLounds

For my card I used the Apple Cutie stamp for the focal point and for the layout I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch #161.  The little flags at the bottom were made using 3/4” Pink Grosgrain and 5/8” Champagne Cotton Twill.  I also used a bit of Natural Jute to tie a bow behind the big loopy felt flower.

YNSBlogHop_JustALittleHello_RibbonCloseup_DanielleLounds

I have to admit, that I feel like I got my stamping mojo back while making this card.  I haven’t been completely happy with the cards I have been producing lately… but this one gave me the warm fuzzies when I held the finished result. Maybe it was all the funky corner chomping, or perhaps the loopy flower… or maybe just the colors.  Or maybe it was the awesome sketch (less thinking for me!). Or it could be all of the fussy cutting I did on the main image.  There are a couple of portions (head and basket) that I stamped a second time for a popped up effect.

YNSBlogHop_JustALittleHello_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

And here is one final shot so you can see all of the dimension.  That may be what I love the most. :)

YNSBlogHop_JustALittleHello_Depth_DanielleLounds

 

Recipe:
Stamps: Apple Cutie (Your Next Stamp).
Paper: Taffy (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Kraft (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Fabulous designer (Simple Stories).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: 3/4” Pink Grosgrain, 5/8” Champagne Cotton Twill, Natural Jute (May Arts), rhinestones, pink wool-blend felt, Corner Chompers (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, Frost SmoochGlitz (ClearSnap).

25 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. I really like all the amazing details and the dimension too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I adore the stamps, and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stinkin' cute!! Love the layout, too. I agree - sketches make cardmaking a lot easier. Gives me more time to concentrate on the fun stuff like coloring and picking out papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, this cute little card is a picture of you when you were a little girl..... I know this, cuz your card is a labor of love and it shows so well in your design and showcasing of the top of the line product!!! very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at some of your previous work, I think your mojo is up and running! =D But this card is too cute! I love all the "layers" you used...I just did my first paper piecing project with clothes, so now I want to try layering body parts of an image! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with your MOJO at all..always such cute creations...this card is so adorable ..love that image with the added loopy flower

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, how cute is she?!? love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apple Cutie is a very fitting name for the stamp --- love your card, absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet--love the felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card- the Apple Cutie is adorable!

    Sheri

    sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love it!!! The papers you used are beautiful! The felt flower adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, this has so many fun elements, love it. Love the colors and the sweet girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got your mojo back. This is one really snazzy card!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully put together card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable. What fantastic coloring and love the dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great card. I think your mojo is doing just fine. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cute little Fall girl. She can be used in many many card ideas! A wonderful coloring job too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the cutest cards I ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how adorable! I love this apple cutie image and your coloring! The layers and 4 types of ribbon used blend perfectly. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty. Love the warm colors and the loopy bow. The dimension is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so fabulous! I totally can see why you LOVE the way it turned out! Everything about it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so very precious - a darling image and I love your flower. A charming card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness she is a cutie for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love this! those rounded corners are fabulous and are all the little beautiful accents you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)