Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Hello Crafty Friends!

I hope you are all enjoying the day and if you are in the US that you are having a fabulous 4th of July!  Today, I’m sitting back and relaxing and then over the weekend I will be hanging out at a family BBQ.

HadABlast_DanielleLounds

Since I had some free time I decided to whip up a red, white and blue card for the holiday.  I used the Firecracker A La Modes stamp set from MFT for the focal point and then dug through my collection of designer paper and found this paper from Lily Bee Designs.  It has a bit of a patriotic flare to it! :)  For the layout I used last month’s Sketch For You To Try – I was a little late for this one! LOL.

HadABlast_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Since fireworks are bright and fun I decided to add a lot of sparkle to my card using SmoochGlitz, Gold Lame Smooch, Clear Goosebumps and clear rhinestones.  Shiny!  For extra dimension I layered a second rocket over the first and I did the same with her skirt.  The skirt was adhered in place at the top and then I curled up the bottom edge.  The rocket was adhered over the first layer using foam diemensionals.  Here is a side shot so you can see the dimension:

HadABlast_SideView_DanielleLounds

In other news: I submitted THIS CARD for the My Favorite Thing’s Guest Designer contest and I won!  I’m super excited and just had to share the news with you.

Also, if you are ever interested in entering a contest I encourage you to do so!  Don’t second guess yourself, just go for it.  You won’t always win (I definitely don’t) but you just might! :D

Recipe:
Stamps: A La Modes – Firecracker (MFT).
Paper: Peppermint, Icy Mint and Gumball (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Sweet Tooth (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Picket Fence designer (Lily Bee Designs).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: clear rhinestones, Clear Goosebumps (Queen & Co.), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Standard Circles SM and Big Scalloped Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Seeing Stars dies (TE), foam dimensional tape (TE), Gold Lame Smooch and Frost SmoochGlitz (Clearsnap), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

Here are links to some of the items used to make this card:

6 comments:

  1. it's a very beautiful card, Danielle!
    congratulations on the MFTGD spot, enjoy it, I'm looking forward to your projects!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! So many uses for it! Love all the dimension too! Congrats on winning the GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cutie pie card! love the dimension and cute colors and all the shine! congrats on the Guest Designer spot....looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the guest DT gig! Your card was utterly adorable and your win was well deserved:):) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling card, Danielle! and congrats on being guest designer at MFT!

    how do you link up and add photos for your supplies used at the bottom of your posts?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and Congrats on winning the guest designer over at MFT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)