Monday, July 2, 2012

Just Fur You Frame

Hello!

I’m back with a non-card project!  Shocker, I know.  I had so much fun creating the card I posted yesterday that I wanted to create another project using the same MFT sketch. But making two cards with the same sketch seemed a tad redundant so I dug through my closet of stuff to alter and found this shadowbox frame sitting on a shelf. It was perfect and I had the purr-fect new stamp set to use. ;)

JustFurYou_PictureFrame_DanielleLounds

I wanted to use the Loopy Bloom Die-namics to create more of these fun felt flowers.  They ended up being too big to fit inside the shadowbox so I adhered them to the outside of the frame and added a few leaves and a bit of ivory jute.

JustFurYou_PictureFrame_FlowerCloseup_DanielleLounds

The cat costume was paper pieced using a piece of gray designer paper.  I did add a bit of shadowing with W3 and W4 Copic markers and the ears were colored with RV21 and RV23 pink markers..  I did the head a second time for extra pop!

JustFurYou_PictureFrame_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

Lots of little details on this project: sentiment stamped on a piece of pink cardstock cut out with the File Tab Die-namic, “MEOW” spelled out using Thickers, a few pink rhinestones here and there, ivory/red gingham ribbon paired with ivory jute and a wood button.

JustFurYou_PictureFrame_SideShotCloseup_DanielleLounds

I like the final result but I’ll have to resist keeping this one for myself.  While digging through the closet of things-collected-to-alter I realized something important… I have a lot of things to alter!!  So I need to start using up some of the stuff (resist buying more stuff) and then find new homes for the finished projects.  Or else it is going to take on a life of its own and become the Things-To-Alter-Closet-Monster and attack me.  Scary.  Very scary. :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Claire Keay – You A-mews Me (MFT).
Paper: Peppermint and Cotton Candy (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Black Licorice (MFT), Choice Snow white (TE), Carefree designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Red/Ivory Gingham and Ivory Jute (May Arts), Scallop Border Punch (SU), Loopy Bloom, File Tab and Prima Donna Petals Dienamics (MFT), Bubblegum Felt (MFT), foam tape (TE), pink adhesive rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

Links to some of the products used:

3 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Danielle, this is DARLING!!!

Melody said...

Adorable Danielle!

Cornelie said...

Wow!! Congratulations!!