Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MFTWSC80: Sweet Treats Bee

Hello Crafty Friends!

I’m checking in today with the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from My Favorite Things.  I get to play along with the design team this month and share a fun card using this week’s sketch.

MFTWSC80_SweetTreatsBee_DanielleLounds

You can find all of the details on the challenge and a list of participants over at Kim’s Blog.  There is also a FAQ post in the SCS forum if you have any questions.  Here is a look at the sketch.  I stayed true to it… mostly. ;)

MFTWSC80

I used the sweet Pure Innocence – Honey Bee stamp set for my main image.  I stamped the little girl in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Snow white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I added Crystal Fine Glitter to her wings and then coated her hat, sleeves and leggings with Illuminate Smooch for a bit of shimmer.  It has been a while since I used Liquid Pearls so I added some dots of White Opal to the main panel.

The sentiment was stamped on a piece of cardstock with one of the dies from the Mini Tabs Foursome die set.  I attached the label to the card with foam dimensionals.  Oh, and see those green buttons?  Those are some of the new Sour Apple buttons from MFT.

MFTWSC80_SweetTreatsBee_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Here are the die-namics that I used:

MFT_MiniTabsFoursome-300x300MFT_DN_ChevronStripes_Preview-300x300

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Honey Bee (MFT).
Paper: Sour Lemon, Banana Split and Juicy Pear (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Sweet Tooth (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Delightful designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Sour Apple buttons (MFT), Chevron Stripes and Mini Tabs Foursome Die-namics (MFT), White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Lemondrop Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), foam dimensional tape (TE), rhinestones (Bo Bunny), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Illuminate Smooch (Clearsnap), Crystal Fine glitter (Martha Stewart).

GetSketchy_FanBlinkie

11 comments:

Lisa H. said...

soo super cute! so happy you are hanging with us this month! love your work, Danielle!

Norma Gomez said...

Vert cute card, love that little bee :D

Katie Skiff said...

yay for you cookie monster!! :D I love this... I was so excited that you won the GD spot!! WOO HOO!!

scrappingnana said...

Really cute card. Congrats on the guest DT spot. Loved your winning card also.

Janice W. said...

Love the way you colored this cutie! You deserved to win. Congrats!

Gabby said...

Very cute card! Love the bright colored bee and all the nice papers. :)

Tracy said...

Fabulous card!!! I'm so glad they picked you for the guest DT! You are wicked talented girl!

Megan McDonald said...

congrats on been this mths designer, love the sparkle on the girl. very cute.

Heather Jensen said...

She is a doll! I love the glitter you added to her costume. Congrats on the guest design spot. :)

Heather Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

She is so cute!! Love the happy colors and the glitter.