Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MFTWSC81: That Stinks!

Hello Crafty Friends!

I’m back with another card today!  This time it is for the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge at My Favorite Things

*If you are looking for my Ribbon Carousel/Sparkle Creations post please scroll down to the next post.  But check out this card first… it is fun! ;)

MFTWSC81_ThatStinks_DanielleLounds

You can find all of the details on the challenge and a list of participants over at Kim’s Blog. There is also a FAQ post in the SCS forum if you have any questions. Here is a look at the sketch.

MFTWSC81

For my take on the sketch I used the A La Modes – It’s Getting Deep stamp set and some pretty Nostalgia designer paper (I love the colors used in this paper!).

MFTWSC81_ThatStinks_Closeup_DanielleLounds

I did oodles of stitching and used a button and a few rhinestones to accent the main image.  As usual I colored the main image to match the designer paper.  I almost always pick out the designer paper I want to use and then color.  A lot easier to make everything matchy-match that way. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: A La Modes – It’s Getting Deep (MFT).
Paper: Rock Candy, Robin’s Egg (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Nostalgia designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Ivory Jute (May Arts), Wood button (Melissa Frances), Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape (TE).

Copic markers used: BG11, BG15, BG18, G21, G24, G29, E02, E13, E35, E37, E43, E44, E47, E50, R22, R24, YR21, YR24, YR27, T1, T3, T5, W2, 0.

6 comments:

  1. sooo cute! always love the little touches you give your cards...those little rhinestones are a great addition. love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards always inspire me! I love the twine and the little extra rhinestones. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love how you colored her hair and the rounded corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I love this!!!! Awesome coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, Danielle! I love your take on the sketch and I love the rounded corners! Gorgeous colouring of your ALM girlie and you have changed my mind on this paper pad now...so I guess I will have to get it now,lol! Gorgeous card,hun! So glad to have you joining us this month!!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, the layout and details are great!!!

    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)