Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MFTWSC82:

Hello Crafty Friends!

This is my second card today. This time it is for the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge at My Favorite Things.

*If you are looking for my Ribbon Carousel/Kraftin’ Kimmie post please scroll down to the next post. But stick around for a bit and check out this card first.  Please. :)

MFTWSC82_BeMerry_DanielleLounds

You can find all of the details on the challenge and a list of participants over at Kim’s Blog. There is also a FAQ post in the SCS forum if you have any questions. Here is a look at the sketch.

MFTWSC82

I do believe this is the first Christmas card that I have made this year.  I had some new Christmas designer paper that I wanted to use and I had recently picked up the Pure Innocence – Holly Girl stamp so it was just meant to be.

MFTWSC82_BeMerry_Closeup_DanielleLounds

I stamped PI - Holly Girl on Choice Snow white cardstock, paper piecing her dress from the designer paper and coloring the rest of the image.  I cut out the entire image (woo… was cutting around the holly leaves challenging) and adhered to the card front using foam dimensionals. ;) 

A sentiment from the same set was stamped on green cardstock and cut out with a die from the Mini Tabs Foursome set of dies.  I also cut a couple of royal roses from Wild Cherry felt.

MFTWSC82_BeMerry_SentimentCloseup_DanielleLounds

That’s it for me today!  Hope you enjoyed this colorful Christmas card. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Holly Girl (MFT).
Paper: Wax Lips, Candy Necklace, Juicy Pear (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Sweet Tooth (MFT), Tinsel designer (Memory Box).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens, white gel pen.
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Green dual striped twill ribbon and Natural Jute (May Arts), Wild Cherry Felt (MFT), Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart), Glossy Accents (Ranger) heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape (TE), Die-namics Mini Tabs Foursome and Mini Royal Roses (MFT).

Die-namics used on this card:

MFT_MiniTabsFoursome-300x300

MFT_DN_MiniRoyalRoses_Preview-300x300

8 comments:

  1. Danielle, this is so cute! I love the holly popped up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how colourful you made your christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so cute - i love the flowers!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute, Danielle! love the paper and sweet PI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, this is STUNNING!!! LOVE this girlie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)