Friday, July 20, 2012

Ribbon Carousel and Bazzill Card Shoppe: Lollipops for All

Hello Crafty Friends -

The Ribbon Carousel team is thrilled to be teaming up with Bazzill today to show off their amazing new card stock! Since today is National Lollipop Day the Ribbon Carousel Crewmates have created some crafty eye candy with this theme!  There are also a bunch of prizes so head over to the Ribbon Carousel Blog for all the details on how you could when some super delicious Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock.  While there check out the eye candy created by the design team.

But first, take a gander at my sweet project!

BazzillSpotlight_LollipopsAndPinwheelsBox_DanielleLounds

I didn’t have a lollipop stamp set to use so instead I incorporated real lollipops into my project.  Yup, the flowers in my box are actually Charm brand lollipops that I covered with pink fabric using Brown Sugar Divine Twine.

After creating my lollipop flowers I needed a container to hold them so I created one using Cotton Candy cardstock.  It measures 7” wide, 3” deep and 2 1/2” tall.  I did create an insert for the inside that I punched holes in so that the lollipops and pinwheels would stand straight instead of falling all over the place.  And this cardstock is so fantastically thick that the box feels very sturdy!

BazzillSpotlight_LollipopsAndPinwheelsBox_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

Once the box was assembled and the lollipop flowers were in place I decorated the box using more Cotton Candy, Candy Hearts, and Candy Bar cardstock as well as some pretty Carta Bella designer paper and Soapstone Vintage Seam Binding.  A stickpin, a sentiment and a few rhinestones finished the outside of the box.

For the inside of the box I added a couple of pinwheels using more of the Carta Bella designer paper and lollipop sticks.  I wanted to cover up the insert and I didn’t have any of the shredded paper you can buy for gift baskets so I used a piece of quilt batting… nice and poufy! ;)

BazzillSpotlight_LollipopsAndPinwheelsBox_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

That is it for my project!  Make sure to head over to the Ribbon Carousel Blog for more eye candy!

Recipe:
Stamps: My Favorite Sentiments (MFT).
Paper: Cotton Candy, Candy Hearts, Candy Bar (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Beautiful Moments designer (Carta Bella).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Soapstone vintage seam binding, Brown Sugar Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), pink fabric, batting, heart stick pin (My Mind’s Eye), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape (TE), crystal brads (SU), Labels 14 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Pinwheel Parade Dies (TE).

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, love the cotton candy color and the cute project you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O...M...G... I am nearly speechless. I am In L O V E with your creation here!!! I want this for valentine's day. EVER YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)