Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer 2012 Tags: Hay, Chick!

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m back with another set of tags in the Summer 2012 Tags series. Check the bottom of this post for details on winning one of these tags and a selection of yummy ribbon.

For this set of tags I switched up the tag shape a bit by using a Sizziz BigZ die so these tags are a bit skinnier than the first two in the series. Of course I offset the skinniness of the tags by adding some fat chickens. ;)

Summer2012Tags3_HayChick_4Pack_DanielleLounds

The chicken and sentiment are from the Crazy for Chickens Anna Wight cling set from Whipper Snapper Designs.  I cut out some circles using a Circle Nestabilities die and then layered them on slightly larger circles cut using the Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities.  I then stamped and colored the hens and finished by adding some dots of Avocado Liquid Pearls.

Summer2012Tags3_HayChick_Single_DanielleLounds

I layered a bit of designer paper on Juicy Pear cardstock, stamped the sentiment, and then stitched the edges.  For decoration I added a few rhinestones and then wrapped some twine above the “Hay, chick!” sentiment.  I then adhered all the parts together with foam dimensional tape and finished by setting a jumbo eyelet and adding more of the green twine.

Summer2012Tags3_HayChick_Closeup_DanielleLounds

No that you have checked out today’s tag be sure to read on about the blog candy.  I really do appreciate the people that stop by my blog so this is my way of saying thanks! :)

Summer2012TagsBlogCandy2

Blog Candy details: Over the next couple of weeks I will post six different tags and once all are posted I will pick a winner. Just leave a comment on one of the posts to be included (you can comment on all of posts for more chances). Blog candy includes one of each of the six different tags as well as some yummy ribbon (since my last tag post I’ve added some pink silky crush ribbon and some red/green cord to the pile). You can see the first two tags HERE and HERE.

Check back in a few days for the fourth tag in the series!

Recipe:
Stamps: Crazy for Chickens (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Candy Corn and Juicy Pear (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: metal jumbo eyelets (We R Memory Keepers), Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), rhinestones (Heidi Grace), foam dimensional tape (TE), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, tag die (Sizzix), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Avocado Liquid Pearls (Ranger).

5 comments:

  1. So adorable!! And I am especially partial to anything orange!! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tags! That chicken is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your colour choices for these tags. Nothing wrong with a chubby chicken - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these!! We've always had chickens around my house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)