Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer 2012 Tags: Meow Kitty

Hello Crafty Friends!

If you have been following my blog for a while you probably know that I really really like making gift tags.  A lot.  Last fall I did a series of Christmas Tags and once all of the tags were posted to my blog I picked a random commenter to receive a set of them.  I thought it would be fun to do that again just without the Christmas theme this time.

So, over the next couple of weeks I will post six different tags and once all are posted I will pick a winner.  Just leave a comment on one of the posts to be included (you can comment on all of posts for more chances).  There may be some other goodies included with tag prize package… perhaps some ribbon! ;)

Without further ado, here is the first set in the series:

CatsMeowTags_4Pack_DanielleLounds

These little cuties feature the Cattitude stamp set from There She Goes clear stamps.  I used a couple of different cat images and two different sentiments.  So each tag is a tad different from the others.

CatsMeowTags_BasketKittens_DanielleLounds

There is a lot of little details on these tags.  I layered more of the Nostalgia designer paper that I used on yesterday’s card on Candy Bar cardstock, notched the corners with a Corner Chomper and then added stitching with my sewing machine.  Stitching around the notched corners was a bit… awkward.  I won’t be doing that again. ;)

I’m a big fan of Pom Pom trim so I added some (using a mini stapler to attach in place) and then layered a sentiment flag on top with foam dimensional tape.  To finish I added a few rhinestones along the bottom and then added Brown Sugar Baker’s Twine to the top of the tag.

CatsMeowTags_FatCat_DanielleLounds

On the tags that used the image of the kittens in a basket I doubled up the kittens for extra dimension.  Here is a side shot so you can the detail:

CatsMeowTags_SideView_DanielleLounds

Hope you like the first tag in the series.  Be sure to comment if you would like to win one. :)  I’ll be back in a few days with the second set of tags!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cattitude (There She Goes).
Paper: Taffy, Banana Split, Candy Bar (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Nostalgia designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: rhinestones (Bo Bunny), white pom pom trim (American Crafts), Brown Sugar Baker’s Twine (Divine Twine), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape (TE), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Tag, You’re It Die (MFT).

12 comments:

  1. Adorable tags ! Love all of the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so sweet! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! love that stamp set! HUGS!

    karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags a stinkin' cute!!! Love them!
    Hugs,
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ,these are SOOOO cute!! Great idea for using the pop pop trim. I have some and never know what to do with it. I like it layered under the cardstock like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much detail...love these tags. (Of course, it doesn't hurt that I am a cat lover!) Looking forward to the next set...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet - beautiful details. Love the pom poms :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so precious! Love that pom pom trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so adorable. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So much time and detail. Those are really beautiful tags. I Love the cat stamp too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)