Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer 2012 Tags: Polka Dot Pinwheels

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m popping in with my second set of tags in the Summer 2012 Tags series. :)  This set focuses more on the die cutting than on stamping and coloring. Well, there is no coloring at all.  Check it out:

Summer2012Tags_Pinwheels_4Pack_DanielleLounds

The focal point of these tags are pinwheels made using the Pinwheel Parade dies from Taylored Expressions, corduroy brads and toothpicks!  I had some square toothpicks that were perfect for this project.  For a finishing touch I added a bow using ivory jute.

Summer2012Tags_Pinwheels_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Pretty simple, right?  I just needed to do a bit more die cutting to create the yellow background that I stamped the “congratulations” sentiment on.  The tag is one that I also picked up from the Taylored Expressions store (there are many colors to choose from). 

Summer2012Tags_Pinwheels_Single_DanielleLounds

Lastly, I’ve been playing in Adobe Illustrator lately (prepping to make a new blog banner since something mysterious happened to my current one) and thought it would be fun to make a Blog Candy graphic.  So here goes:

Summer2012TagsBlogCandy2

Blog Candy details: Over the next couple of weeks I will post six different tags and once all are posted I will pick a winner. Just leave a comment on one of the posts to be included (you can comment on all of posts for more chances). Blog candy includes one of each of the six different tags as well as some yummy ribbon.  You can see the first tag in the series HERE.

Check back in a few days for the third tag in the series!

Recipe:
Stamps: It’s a Banner Day 1 (TE).
Paper: diecut tag (TE), Banana Split (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Fiddlesticks designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: Corduroy brad (retired SU!), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), gold jumbo eyelets (We R Memory Keepers), Flax Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), Ivory Jute (May Arts), rhinestones (Queen & Co), foam dimensional tape (TE), Pinwheel Parade Dies (TE).

7 comments:

  1. What fun, summery tags! So easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought to put pinwheels on tags....so original and pretty. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - and so versatile, as they could be used for so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pinwheels! So awesome for a gift tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pinwheels! The corduroy button is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love these. The pinwheels are awesome. Even though my daughter told me today that people do not say that anymore. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)