Sunday, July 1, 2012

You’re Cause for Celebration

Hello Crafty Peeps!

Hope you are all having a great weekend and finding a bit of time to be crafty.  I have a nice relaxing day today and then next week after the 4th I have some vacation time.  So, hopefully I will have lots of time to catch up on making a bunch of crafty projects.  So many ideas but only so much time to implement them all. ;)  But I did find time to make the following card.

CauseForCelebration_DanielleLounds

I used the My Favorite Things July sketch challenge as inspiration for the card layout. I loved the little banner in the sketch and wanted to make one of my own. I did add an additional layer at the bottom to bring all the other colors of the card together and to balance the banner out a bit (it was a bit top-heavy without it).  Here is a picture of the sketch:

MFTGUESTDT0712

I have another idea for this layout and hope to finish it today.  But it is not a card!  Hee hee.

CauseForCelebration_BannerCloseup_DanielleLounds
I used the Mini Pennant die set and a 1/2” circle punch to create banner.  I diecut the pennants from two different colors of designer paper and then layered them together.  I then punched six 1/2” circles from Icy Mint cardstock and added glittery silver letters to each one to spell “friend”.  I then added the circles to the pennants using foam boosters.  Finally to finish I punched a 1/16” hole in each pennant and threaded them onto ivory jute.  Each pennant was adhered to the card with yet another foam booster to keep it in place.

CauseForCelebration_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

I used more of the same designer paper to paper piece the little girl’s dress.  The rest of the image was colored with Copic markers as usual.  I even added freckles… definitely been in the mood to add them lately.  Might have something to do with my own freckles popping out like crazy.  Not so much on my face but my arms and hands are definitely covered with the little rascals. Ack… I think I need to go hide from the sun in my dark craft room. Lol. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Cause for Celebration (MFT).
Paper: Icy Mint, Robin’s Egg, Candy Necklace (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), So Happy Together designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Silver glittery letters (Recollections), Tiny Attacher, Adhesive rhinestones, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, ivory jute (May Arts), 1/2” Circle punch, 1/16” punch (EK Success), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Mini Pennants (MFT).

8 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Danielle!!! CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Danielle!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so darn cute! Congrats on your guest design spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous honey - well done on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning! As soon as I saw this entry, I knew you would win!!! Fabulous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ack! love her! soooo cute, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrat's on your win, this is so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)