Tuesday, August 7, 2012

MFT Die-namics Feature and Pre-Release Pep Rally

Hello Crafty Friends!

Now that we've teased and tempted you all week long, it's almost time for you to shop for your favorite Brand Spankin' New products from MFT. But first... it's time for our Die-namics Feature and Pre-Release Pep Rally!

Our Design Team has been busy creating jaw-dropping and inspiring projects for you, and we've saved the best for last. We've taken an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics, while re-visiting the amazing sets being released tonight at 10 PM EST RIGHT HERE in the MFT Boutique. And while we are at it, how about we make your life even easier with a "cheat sheet" of all that's new? Head over to the MFT Blog to print out a shopping list.

Here are the details about the upcoming release:

  • You can attend the New Release Party on August 7 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
  • The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on August 7 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
  • If you'd like to see all the designers' posts for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on August 7 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.

BookmarkDuo_TealJennifer_DanielleLounds

I’m a big fan of reading so as soon as I saw the Bookmark Duo Die-namics and Stamp Set I just knew I had to use it.  And if you haven’t figured out yet, I am addicted to the Retro Squares Die-Namics so I also had to use them.  This time I used them as a focal point by stamping a letter on each square.  Fun!  The letters are from the new Jersey stamp set.

BookmarkDuo_TealJennifer_Closeup_DanielleLounds

For the teal tag I used the letters to spell out “Jennifer.”  We lend each other books and I actually have one to share with her today so she’ll be getting this tag very soon. ;)  For the yellow take I just started adding the alphabet in order.  It’s generic – I can give that one to anybody.  Probably someone who really likes yellow!

BookmarkDuo_TealJennifer_TopperCloseup_DanielleLounds

I fancied up the tops of the tags by adding a jumbo eyelet, some twill and a bit of baker’s twine.  And a few rhinestones… rhinestones are always fun.

I’m not a big fan of my sewing showing on the backs of projects so after stitching the sentiment panel in place I taped a second piece of cardstock cut with the bigger bookmark die to the back.  Then I added the eyelet and ribbon.  Just gives the project a nice finished look and then I don’t have to worry about the stitching coming loose. :D

BookmarkDuo_TealJennifer_Back_DanielleLounds

That is it for me! Check back tonight for the release party preview.  I have another cute sample to share then!

Recipe:
Stamps: Bookmark Duo and Jersey (MFT).
Paper: Robin’s Egg, Candy Necklace, Banana Split, Gold Coins, Putty (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Sweet Day designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: rhinestones (Heidi Grace), jumbo eyelets (We R Memory Keepers), Ivory Twill and Dual Striped ribbons (May Arts), Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Retro Squares and Bookmark Duo Die-namics (MFT).

Here are the Die-namics I used:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphicMFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

24 comments:

  1. oh, I like them very much, Danielle, lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, love them, great bookmarks, I love the name written on the retro square, great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such petty bookmarks. I love the use of the retro squares for the names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to add letters to the retro die. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo! love these, Danielle. they are beautiful with all their layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bookmarks! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great and I love how you used the retro squares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully done, Danielle! I always love your ribbon accents! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. very well done! love your bookmarks and the way you used the retro die, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute bookmarks - love how you used the retro square die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great reason to buy the retro square border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun set...
    Great release thanks for the inspiration this month

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice bookmarks...like how you personalized them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a GREAT idea!!! I love that you added names and letters to the retro squares...it reminds me of a Scrabble game...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects. Love the colors and these new dies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super clever adding lettering to the retro squares! These are FABULOUS bookmarks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bookmarks are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable bookmarks! I love the ribbons on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Danielle, great bookmarks! I love this die set! I think I must get it!!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great use of the retro squares to use for the alphabet and name on the bottom of the bookmarks! These are awesome!!!! Great job!!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)