Sunday, August 5, 2012

MFT Teaser Time Day 5: Radical

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today is the fifth day of teasers for My Favorite Things. Make sure to head over to Kim’s blog for a full list of designers participating in the teasers today.

Have you been loving all of the previews over the last four days?  I have been – and we have a couple of new A la Modes to feature today!  I used the new 80’s Girl to make a radically bright card. ;)

EightiesGirl_DanielleLounds

Before I forget, Here are the details about the upcoming release:

  • You can attend the New Release Party on August 7 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
  • The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on August 7 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
  • The guest designer contest is going on now! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics.
  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on August 7 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.

EightiesGirl_Closeup_DanielleLounds

One of the things I remember from the 80s is the bright colors… hello neon!  So I knew I had to make her outfit bright, very bright!  I paper pieced her sweater from designer paper and colored the rest of the image.  I added additional detail to the stereo using a Silver Copic Spica pen.  The pokey circle poking out from behind the main panel was made using the new Award Seal Die-Namics.  By the way – I love the new Retro Squares Die-Namics so I had to use them again on this card.  I paired a strip cut out from turquoise cardstock with some honeydew baker’s twine.

EightiesGirl_RetroSquaresCloseup_DanielleLounds

So, is it bright enough? ;)  Lol.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for another teaser.

Recipe:
Stamps: A la Modes – 80’s Girl (MFT).
Paper: Icy Mint, Peppermint, Candy Necklace (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Happy Day designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Silver Copic Spica pen.
Accessories: aqua rhinestones (Doodlebug), Honeydew baker’s twine (The Twinery), Award Seal and Retro Squares Die-namics (MFT).

Here are the Die-namics I used:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphicMFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

29 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool card, love the happy colors and tHe seal die

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, you definately need a little neon for her! :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card Danielle! Takes me back to HS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card.. I love how you added the extra touch on the speakers. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love her matching leggings and hair scrunchie holding up her side ponytail. hee hee :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, super cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun make - I love this new gal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used the awards die for your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job!! I'm really loving the retro squares separated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, love her leg warmers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really fun terrific card ! cool paper piecing too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really adorable card! I love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you colored the sweater and the leggings! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you paper pieced the shirt to match the background pp.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Danielle, your card is totally Radical Man! LOL! Such a great card!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Love the papers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this colorful card!! Her paper pieced top is fantastic!! And the neon green is SO perfect for this 80's look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute!!!! I love the 80's!!!! I am the only one in my house that does, but I love it! ADORABLE card!!!! Cute leg warmers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute, Danielle! Love your fun mix of colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. you did her up soooo sweet! love the polka dotted legwarmers you gave her. diggin' the layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You rocked this!!! I love her paper pieced shirt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that you fussy cute her out. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)