Wednesday, August 1, 2012

MFTWSC83: Hang in There

Hello Crafty Friends!

This is my second card today. I’m back with another My Favorite Things card and this time it is for the Wednesday Stamp Club.

MFTWSC83_MonkeyBusiness_DanielleLounds

You can find all of the details on the challenge and a list of participants over at Kim’s Blog. There is also a FAQ post in the SCS forum if you have any questions. Here is a look at the sketch: MFTWSC83

For my card I used the Monkey Business stamp set and paired it with a bunch of blue and cream paper.  Most of the image was paper pieced but I did color the little face peeking out of the suit.  To finish I added a blue pearl over the belly button.

MFTWSC83_MonkeyBusiness_Closeup_DanielleLounds

For embellishment I used a button, some twine and lots of vine-y goodness cut out using the Vine Border Die-namic.

MFTWSC83_MonkeyBusiness_Sideview_DanielleLounds

That’s it for me today! I’ll be back in a couple days with another MFT card. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Claire Keay – Monkey Business (MFT).
Paper: Buttercream, Gumball, Icy Mint (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Divine Twine (Whisker Graphics), circle cutter, edge distressor, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), pearls (Queen & Co.), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Vine Die-namics (MFT), Blue Raspberry buttons (MFT).

Here are the Die-namics I used:

MFT_DN_VineBorder_Preview-300x300

12 comments:

wendy said...

really cute!

Danni said...

Very cute and fun!

TaraG said...

Ohhhh...I LOVE your card to bits, Danielle! Absolutely fabulous and I just adore his plaid belly that is beyond cute! Such a great burst of blue...GORGEOUS!!!
Hugs,t

Queen Mary said...

Danielle, these are really fun colors! Blue vines -- they must be in Kentucky!

Megan said...

So cute! I love his belly button!! Darling!

Tonya said...

This is SO cute!

Cyndi said...

Interesting colors - love how you used the vine die and his cute belly button.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Acckk!! That little paper pieced monkey suit is just ADORABLE!!! Love it!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Adorable!!

Lisa H. said...

ACK!!! love THIS monkey....love what you did with him. love it!

Wendy said...

This is just adorable, great job on the sketch!

Karen Motz said...

So fabulous!! Love the vines and that fun paper piecing!!!