Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ribbon Carousel and Nikki Sivils Blog Hop

Nikki hop

The Ribbon Carousel Crewmates are teaming up with the talented designers from Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker to bring you a blog hop with tons of crafty eye candy and some prizes too!

I have a lot of pictures of my project to share, so here it is:

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_FrontCover_DanielleLounds

I used the Audrey Collection Kit to decorate a mini picture book.  So fun! :)  I paired the kit with the Oh Snap stamp set from TSG, some delicious Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock, washi tap and bunches of different ribbon.

To create the covers I covered two 4”x6” backing boards with some of the pretty designer paper from the kit.  I covered both the inside and outside and used an emery board to sand the edges to remove any excess paper.

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_FrontCoverCloseup_DanielleLounds

To decorate I stamped a camera in Espresso Truffle on Choice Snow White cardstock and colored with Copic markers before trimming.  I added Glossy Accents and Xmas Red Stickles here and there.  The camera was layered on a Pinked Circle (diecut with Pinking Circles Nestabilities die) with dimensionals.  I added a dot to each point using a white gel pen.  Next I cut a piece of Cotton Candy cardstock and embossed it using a Sizzix/Basic Grey embossing folder and matted on Candy Bar cardstock before stitching the edges.  I added some Brown Sugar Divine Twine and red striped washi tape before adhering to the cover using foam dimensional tape. 

I spell out “PICTURES” using some red alphabet stickers form the Audrey Collection.  The “Smile” sentiment is from the Oh Snap stamp set.  A few Goosebump rhinestones and a bit of ribbon to decorate the binding finished the outside of the book.

Note: I assemble the book before decorating the front cover.  If you decorate it first it may be too bulky to fit within the binding machine to punch the holes.  And it really bites when that happens. :(

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_FannedOpen_DanielleLounds

Inside of the book there are six pockets that I created from cardstock and more of the designer paper from the kit.  After cutting (11” wide by 3.5” tall) and scoring the pockets (at 5.75”) I trimmed a wedge from the front fold and adhered a strip of designer paper to the back of the pocket. I could have just glued the edges of the pockets together but I wanted them to hold forever so I sewed them shut using my sewing machine. :)  I decorated three of the pockets and left the other three plain.

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_Pocket1_DanielleLounds

First pocket – spelled out “FRIENDS” using more of the sticker letters from the kit and then finished with a bit of Brown Sugar Divine Twine.

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_Pocket2_DanielleLounds

Third pocket – stamped “Oh Snap!” a bunch of times on the left and then decorated the right side with strips of washi tape.  To finish I spelled out “smile” using another set of alphabet stickers from the Audrey Collection and added the baker’s twine again.

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_Pocket3_DanielleLounds

Fifth pocket – another piece of washi tape and more baker’s twine.  Plus I added a flag die-cut from the kit.  Before adhering in place I stamped “Live in the moment” on it.

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_Pocket4_DanielleLounds

The rest of the pockets were left plain like the above.  I also created three pocket inserts.  They are all similar with a strip of washi tape along the bottom and a ribbon pull tab on the upper right corner.  I also did a bit of stamping on each one using Crumb Cake ink.

PictureBook_NikkiSivilsHop_InsertsAndCover_DanielleLounds

So what do you think?  It has been a while since I’ve made a mini book but I had a ton of fun making this one! :)

Now that you have made it here, lets talk prizes!

The Ribbon Carousel will be giving away a $25 gift certificate to the Ribbon Carousel Store and Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker will be giving away a scrapbooking kit (winner's choice!) Enjoy the hop and be sure to leave some blog love along your way to be eligible for the prizes! Winners will be announced Saturday night at 8:00 PM EST.

Recipe:
Stamps: Oh Snap! (TSG).
Paper: Audrey Collection Kit (Nikki Sivils), Candy Bar, Butter Mints, Candy Hearts, Cotton Candy and Peanut Cluster (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Espresso Truffle (memento), Crumb Cake (SU!), Copic markers.
Accessories: Xmas Red Stickles and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Goosebumps, Red Stripe washi tape, pink polka dot washi tape (Queen & Co.), Pink stripe washi tape (MT), Green patterned washi tape (My Mind’s Eye), Pink Silky Crushed ribbon (May Arts), Red Striped Twill (May Arts), Pink Cotton Twill (May Arts), Champagne Cotton Twill (May Arts), Moss Green vintage seam binding, Brown Sugar Divine Twine (Whisper Graphics), Basic Grey embossing folder (Sizzix), Pinking Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Small Oval Punch (SU!), 3/8” Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Bind-it-All machine, foam dimensional tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

30 comments:

  1. super terrific picture book !

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this mini! So sweet, love the embossing and stamps and great papers and trims. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love all the little touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the pink, love the papers. Love the liquid glass on the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love what you did with my Audrey collection! Great mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ! my ...what a beautiful mini album, great work with the Audrey collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..Danielle.. always love your things, but this book is adorable!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! love this mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like mini albums, yours is cute!
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute book! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love minis but I can't seem to do a good job on them. Love yours and it seems (famous last words) simple enough for me to use as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word!! Get outta here!! This is sooooo adorable! I want one! Great book Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super awesome....love the colors too...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love love love the way you used this collection!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you rock the mini albums girl!! this is super sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH my goodness, this is a fabulous little album!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUPER CUTE!!! Love that camera!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun little mini! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super cute mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great mini...love it
    Barbara Bird
    MdStrwbery@aol.com
    Mdstrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. THis is so cute, I love the color and it is a great book!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I had the creativity to think up something like this. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, this is so cute! Love the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this mini book you made. Super cute and very detailed..:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like it so much would like to scraplift it but cannot do spiral books.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the project you made! It's so full of wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My goodness...I can't imagine the hours this must have taken. it is absolutely fantastic. Love the camera stamp and & the touch glossy effects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)