Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SCRSC85: Hello!

Hi Crafty Friends!

I’m popping in with a card for this week’s Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge.  This week we are featuring a sketch designed by Kim.

scrsc85

For all of the details on the challenge head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

Here is a larger version of the sketch.  I really really like this layout.  It would work well with a fussy card or one that is a bit simpler in design.

scrsc85sketch

For my card I decided to make a simpler card (less layers, no stitching and I kept the embellishments to a minimum.  The main image is Autumn Rin and she was colored with Copic markers and accented in a few places with Copic Spica pens (eyes, fan and sash).

SCRSC85B_AutumnRin_DanielleLounds

I’ve been trying to incorporate washi tape into my projects lately since I just had to buy some. ;)  So the green strip is washi from My Mind’s eye.  I also added a bit of red baker’s twine just above it.

SCRSC85B_AutumnRin_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Hope you enjoyed my card today.  Be sure to head over to the SCRS Blog for more samples from the talented design team.

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Rin (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps), Labels of Love (TE).
Paper: Icy Mint, Peppermint (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Fresh designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: maraschino red baker’s twine (The Twinery), washi tape (My Mind’s Eye), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape, rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities.

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)