Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer 2012 Tags: Big Wishes

Hello Crafty Friends -

It has been way too long but I’m finally back with another set of tags in the Summer 2012 Tags series. Took a little break to do some guest designing work and a little mini vacation to meet my new nephew. :)  Stick around and check the bottom of this post for details on winning one of these tags and a selection of yummy ribbon.

For this set of tags I went for volume… I paired ooh-la-la roses with a bit of colorful designer paper and a simple tag base. All the effort went into building the flowers, but they sure are pretty!

Summer2012Tags_BoldBeautifulFeltFlowers_DanielleLounds

The layered flowers were made using the Layered Rose Die-namics from MFT Stamps.  There are 10 layers – 5 each of felt and Cotton Candy cardstock.  I added the cardstock layers so I could fluff the petals a bit more and add some contrast between the layers.  All of the layers are attached together using a button and ivory jute.  I also added a few leaves to each flower using Olive Leave Ribbon.  Kind of shabby, but I like the final result.

Each tag was stamped with a different sentiment from the Big Greetings stamp set (also from MFT Stamps).  Sentiments are: “Happy Birthday”, “It’s Your BIG Day”, “You’re a BIG Deal” and “Dream BIG.”

Summer2012Tags_BoldBeautifulFeltFlowers_Single_DanielleLounds

I kept the tag base simple by just adding a couple strips of designer paper, a bit of Fuschia Ric Rac ribbon and a few rhinestones.

Summer2012Tags_BoldBeautifulFeltFlowers_SideView_DanielleLounds

Now that you have checked out today’s tag be sure to read on about the blog candy. I really do appreciate the people that stop by my blog so this is my way of saying thanks! :)

Summer2012TagsBlogCandy2

Blog Candy details: Over the next couple of weeks I will post six different tags and once all are posted I will pick a winner. Just leave a comment on one of the posts to be included (you can comment on all of posts for more chances). Blog candy includes one of each of the six different tags as well as some yummy ribbon (I keep adding ribbon to the pile). You can see the first three tags HERE, HERE and HERE

Check back soon for the fifth tag in the series!

Recipe:
Stamps: Big Greetings (MFT Stamps).
Paper: Taffy and Cotton Candy (Bazzill Card Shoppe),  The Sweetest Thing – Lavender designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Tempting Turquoise (Stampin’ Up!).
Accessories: rhinestones (Kaiser), Olive Leaves Stain Cut Out ribbon, Fuschia Ric Rac and Ivory Jute (May Arts), Blue Raspberry Buttons (MFT), Tag, You’re It and Layered Rose Die-namics (MFT).

11 comments:

  1. I love the bright cheery colours of these tags, especially the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I think these are my favorite, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful. I love the dimension of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMWerd....these are STUNNING, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Danielle! Those are definitely oh-la-la roses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the felt on your bright and cheerful tags! Have you tried wool yet? The cotton candy card stock is a nice touch. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous tag - the flower is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really lovely flower! The sentiments are so fun and BIG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love, love, love the flower tags. Never saw anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. Love the name Fat Cat Stamper. I have three cats and love all cats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)