Friday, August 24, 2012

You make me smile…

Hello Crafty Friends -

Been a few days since I’ve posted and I have a not so new card to share tonight.  I made this one for a Dare To Get Dirty challenge over at SplitCoastStampers a couple of weeks ago but I hadn’t shared it here on the blog.  So, I thought tonight would be perfect time to.

DTGD12SweetMissDaisy_SmileyCat_DanielleLounds

I stamped the playful kitty on white cardstock and then masked with a post-it note.  Next I used the Cloud Border Die from TE to create a mask and then I sponged some clouds using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I thought the image could use a tad more dimension so I stamped the cat a second time and after coloring cut out the head portion.  I popped that over the first image with foam dimensionals.  Kept the rest of the card super simple for a quick creation. Meow! :)

DTGD12SweetMissDaisy_SmileyCat_Closeup_DanielleLounds

And I finally found my stamping mojo for making tags… I’ll be back tomorrow with another set of tags in the Summer 2012 Tag series. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Clarabelle CY942, Friendly Expressions Anna Wight Set (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Sweet Tooth (MFT), Icy Mint and Putty (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Red Twill (May Arts), foam dimensional tape, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory keepers), Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cloud Border die (TE).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...this is super cute! Love your card and this image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)