Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ribbon Carousel & Helmar Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends -

Today the Ribbon Carousel Crewmates are teaming up with the designers from Helmar to bring you a blog hop jam packed with crafty goodness! We carry many Helmar products in the Ribbon Carousel Shop - they are our go-to-company for adhesives! RCC_BlogHopIcon

Hop along with us today and leave some blog love for our Ribbon Carousel Crewmates and the Helmar designers to be eligible to win one of the 2 prizes up for grabs!

The Helmar prize is a complete pack of Zapdots (12 packs) including clear, black and white in circles and squares, in both the large and small sizes!  The other prize up for grabs is a $20 gift certificate to the Ribbon Carousel Store!

AlteredWoodGiftBagBox_Acorn_DanielleLounds

I was sent a bottle of Helmar 450 Quick Drying Adhesive to try out on my project.  I was intrigued when I read this in the description: “is a high performance premium glue that sets quickly, dries crystal clear & is machine washable. Bonds to almost all types of Fabrics, ribbons, plastic, leather balsa and other soft woods, paper, cane, most hand craft materials and more!”  How interesting.  I decided to give the glue a whirl on adhering felt flowers to an altered gift box.  Guess what?  It works wonderfully – those flowers aren’t going anywhere… unless it is with the rest of the box. :)

AlteredWoodGiftBagBox_Acorn_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Some details: I started with a wood gift bag box I picked up from one of the big craft stores and covered the outside with Sugar Hill designer paper from Farm House Paper Company.  Next I stamped an acorn blueprint image on Butter Mint cardstock and sponged a bit of color here and there using sponge daubers and Distress Ink pads.  I then roughed the edges up, matted on Candy Bar cardstock and stitched the edges.

I created the flowers from wool blend felt using a couple of dies from My Favorite Things.  I used a few pearls, a stick pin and some green burlap ribbon and jute to embellish the main image.  I thought it could use a bit more sparkle so I smeared some Diamond Stickles here and there on the acorn and to the petals of the orange felt flower.  I finished the box with a sentiment tag.

And for the final final step I filled the box with some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Rolo candies.  That is the really import step… you cannot forgot it!  Lol.

AlteredWoodGiftBagBox_Acorn_BackSide_DanielleLounds

Now that you have checked out my project check out what the other blog participants have created. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Blueprint (Stamper’s Anonymous), Art is the Window (There She Goes).
Paper: Butter Mint, Candy Bar (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Sugar Hill designer (Farm House).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Inks (Ranger).
Accessories: Diamond Stickles (Ranger), pearls (Queen & Co), stick pin (Maya Road), Natural jute and Olive Burlap ribbon (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, edge distressing tool, large oval punch (SU!), Loopy Bloom and Royal Rose Die-namics (MFT), wool blend felt, foam dimensionals.

20 comments:

  1. yum! yum! yum!! The treat box and the treat! I really love the colors! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is oh-so-cute!!! I love that flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love this. I want the candy that's inside...it's my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic treat box girlie!! Love that stamp too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. You did a wonderful job with this treat box. Love the felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing treat box, love the felt flowers! and those chocolates are my FAV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, I love that treat box! So clever and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is great. What a wonderful idea. I love it. Love the colors and oh yeah the candy too. YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little treat box and I'm loving that tim holtz stamp with the green burlap ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and I love the felt flowers, great for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great treat box...love all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the treat box. There will be one lucky trick or treater.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this little wooden goodie bag/box! It really looks pretty--you did a great job!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Merilee

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really amazing! Love the flower...and chocolate is a great treat

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever box you made and the candy looks yummy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute treat box- love that you covered a plain wooden box and made it so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute and now I guess I'll have to try the 450!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice of patterned paper and jute to go with the wooden treat box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)