Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SCRSC87: A Good Book

Hi Crafty Friends!

I’m popping in with a card for this week’s Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge. This week the challenge is to use only neutrals on your card.

scrsc87

For all of the details on the challenge head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

BookwormRuby_NeutralsChallenge_DanielleLounds

I must admit that this challenge made me pause for a few.  Only neutrals?  I thought this challenge was going to be difficult but once I picked out the designer paper and the main image (Bookworm Ruby) things progressed quickly.  Well… the coloring took a while, as did the cutting, but the rest was fast.  It really doesn’t take long to add rhinestones and a bit of ribbon. ;)

BookwormRuby_NeutralsChallenge_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

The sentiment, “good books build character”, comes with Bookworm Ruby.  I die cut a label using the Bracket Tab Die-namic and then stamped the saying in black ink.

BookwormRuby_NeutralsChallenge_Closeup_DanielleLounds

That’s it for me today – hope you enjoyed my neutral card.  Be sure to head over to the SCRS Blog for more samples from the talented design team.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bookworm Ruby (Sparkle Creations).
Paper: Kraft, Black (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Fresh designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Silver and Clear Spica Pens (Copic).
Accessories: White Polka Dot Organdy ribbon and Twill (May Arts), rhinestones (SU!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape (TE), Bracket Tab Die-namics (MFT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)