Sunday, September 16, 2012

Summer 2012 Tags: Shimmery Sweetness

Hey Crafty Friends -

Been a while but I’m back with another addition to the Summer 2012 Tags.  For these little sweet ones I used wood tags and Distress Stains to create a whole lot of shimmery goodness.

Summer2012Tags_EnjoyLifeCupcakes_Multi_DanielleLounds

To make these little tags (they are only about 3” tall and 1.5” wide) I started with some wood tags I purchased.  First I applied Tumbled Glass Distress Stain and then let dry (I uses a heat gun to speed up the drying process).  Next I applied a second coat using Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.  Once dry I stamped a sentiment from the Make a Wish stamp set in Versamark and heat set using Winter White embossing powder.  I repeated this until the front of the tag was completely covered.

Here is a picture of the tags before and after staining:

Summer2012Tags_EnjoyLifeCupcakes_Closeup_DanielleLounds

To decorate the tags I stamped a little cupcake from the same stamp set in black and colored with Copic markers.  After cutting out I added some Glossy Accents and glitter to the heart on top.  A little strip of designer paper and a touch of fuzzy ribbon completed the look.

Summer2012Tags_EnjoyLifeCupcakes_Single_DanielleLounds

Here is a side shot so you can see the dimensions of the accents.  Love that fuzzy ribbon!

Summer2012Tags_EnjoyLifeCupcakes_Sideview_DanielleLounds

Now that you have checked out today’s tag be sure to read on about the blog candy. I really do appreciate the people that stop by my blog so this is my way of saying thanks! :)

Summer2012TagsBlogCandy2_thumb1

Blog Candy details: I will post six different tags and once all are posted I will pick a winner. Just leave a comment on one of the posts to be included (you can comment on all of posts for more chances). Blog candy includes one of each of the six different tags as well as some yummy ribbon (I keep adding ribbon to the pile). You can see the first four tags HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.

Check back soon for the final tag in the series!

Recipe:
Stamps: Make a Wish (TSG).
Paper: Choice Snow White (TE), The Sweetest Thing – Bluebell designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark.
Accessories: Tumbled Glass and Brushed Pewter Distress Stain (Ranger), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Whisper White embossing powder (SU!), wood tags, baker’s twine (The Twinery) Turquoise Chenille ribbon (May Arts).

4 comments:

  1. Wood tags...wow! I didn't even know they made those! These are gorgeous, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! They're perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tags again - love that fuzzy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags are so terrific! LOVE that they are wooden, and the colors are fab. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)