Friday, September 21, 2012

There She Goes (Again!) - Wrapped in Joy

Hello Crafty Friends -

All week long There She Goes has been featuring three great older stamp sets on the TSG Blog and today the Trendsetter’s are creating some new eye candy using the sets!  Be sure to head over to the TSG Blog to see all of the fabulous samples.

This month we have a Birthday theme going on (because we're turning 4!) and here are the sets we're featuring: MAKE A WISH $24, WRAPPED IN JOY $15, and CUPCAKE MIX AND MATCH $15.

WrappedInJoy_Birthday_DanielleLounds

For my sample I used Wrapped in Joy to make a birthday card (surprise, surprise!).  I stamped one of the little girls in black and colored with Copic markers before cutting out.  I stamped the “Wish BIG!” sentiment in black on Kraft cardstock.  After rounding the corners I added faux stitching around the edges using a white gel pen.  A strip of designer paper was adhered across the bottom and then the panel was layered on Rock Candy cardstock.  I added a length of red grosgrain ribbon and a few pink rhinestones.

For the bottom panel I layered more of the designer paper on Rock Candy cardstock and sewed along the outside edges.  To finish I attached the panels together with foam tape and then attached a button around all of the layers using Natural Jute.  Attached it all to a Kraft card base and I was done.

WrappedInJoy_Birthday_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Now that you are done looking at my card scoot on over to the TSG Blog to see more samples. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Wrapped in Joy (TSG).
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Rock Candy (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Beautiful Moments designer (Carte Bella).
Ink: Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: pink button (MFT), white gel pen, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape (TE), Natural jute and red grosgrain ribbon (May Arts), pink rhinestones (Kaiser Craft).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)