Monday, September 10, 2012

TSG172: Let there be cake!

Hello Crafty Friends -

I have a sweet card, for this week’s There She Goes challenge (TSG172), to share with you today.

The challenge is brought to us by our Trendsetter of the week, Jessica! She is challenging YOU to make a card or project using something sweet: candy, cookies, ice cream…CAKE! As a special treat, for our birthday celebration, the random winner of this challenge will receive a $15 gift certificate as a prize!  For all the details and links to more *sweet* projects, head over to the TSG Blog.

TSG172EatCat_Pie_DanielleLounds

For my card, I used the Daily Grind stamp set and Tangerine designer paper.  I stamped the image twice; one of which I cut out using a Circle die and the other that I colored and then cut out just the pie using scissors.  After layering on a scalloped circle (cut with another die) I added dots of Liquid Pearls along the outside edge.  The little yellow pearls above the image were actually white – I just colored them yellow using the Y35 Copic marker.  Finished the card with ribbon, twine and stitching! 

TSG172EatCat_Pie_Closeup_DanielleLounds

So what is your favorite dessert?  I have a difficult time resisting a yummy fresh from the oven brownie.  Drool… ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Daily Grind (TSG).
Paper: Robin’s Egg, Butter Mint and Sour Lemon (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), The Sweetest Thing – Tangerine designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Circle, Petite Scalloped Circle and Labels Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensional tape (TE), Pearls (SU!), White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Cotton Candy Divine Twine, 3/4” Ivory Grosgrain (May Arts), (Whisker Graphics), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Danielle!! The papers are fabulous, and I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet!!! and i totally agree with that sentiment ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)