Monday, September 17, 2012

TSG173 Everyone Likes Presents

Hello everyone!

This week the There She Goes challenge is brought to you by the Trendsetters! We are challenging YOU to make a card or project with a “presents/gift giving” theme. That can be tags, bags, cards, whatever you like!  For all the details of the challenge head over to the TSG Blog.

For my project I decided to go with an oldie but goodie project: the Triangle Treat BoxSplitCoastStampers has a fabulous tutorial on making these boxes, which you can find HERE.

TSG173Presents_TriangleBox_DanielleLounds

I made the base out of Taffy cardstock and decorated with My Mind’s Eye designer paper from the My Favorite Things Six by Six paper pad.

For the main image and sentiment I used the Cutie Pi stamp set.  The darling chemist was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers before being cut out.  I used a couple of Spica pens to add sparkle to her hair bands and the explosive potion in the test tube.  I also added Glossy Accents to her goggles and the test tube.

TSG173Presents_TriangleBox_Closeup_DanielleLounds

To keep the box closed I used a bit of pink polka dot organdy ribbon, which I looped through the holes punched in the sides before tying into a bow.  Easy peasy little box to make… and it is the perfect size to hold a bunch of chocolates.  In this case Raspberry Dark Chocolate and Carmel Dark chocolate Bliss candies.  Yummy!

TSG173Presents_TriangleBox_Sideview_DanielleLounds

Don’t forget to head over to the TSG Blog for all of the challenge details.  You can also find a list of Trendsetter’s who are participating with more great samples. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Cutie Pi (TSG).
Paper: Colored Cardstock (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), My favorite Things designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Light Blue striped twill and Pink Polka Dot Organdy ribbon (May Arts).

1 comment:

  1. Fun treat box and fabulous coloring of the image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)