Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fairy Good Day

Hello Crafty Peeps -

It seems like it has been forever since I’ve had time to ink up a My Favorite Things stamp but I had some free time this weekend so I made a card or two. :) Here is the first using Believe in Magic:

FairyGoodDayGlammed_DanielleLounds

I used a lot of different shiny and/or glittery items to decorate this card: Platinum Liquid Pearls on the oval die cut, Frost Smooch Glitz on her wings, Illuminate Smooch on her skirt and the flower in her hair, rhinestones here and there, and finally Tarnished Brass Distress Stain to distress the designer paper. 

FairyGoodDayGlammed_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

Love how the stained look turned out; I will have to do this again.  It adds a lot of color and glimmer but is thin enough that the pattern of the designer paper is still visible beneath it.

FairyGoodDayGlammed_StainCloseup_DanielleLounds

I rarely stamp the inside of cards but I didn’t have room for a sentiment on the outside (too much glitter I guess).  I kept it simple and left plenty of room to write.

FairyGoodDayGlammed_Inside_DanielleLounds

Later gators!  I’m off to do some grocery shopping – cupboards are looking a little bare and I’m hungry for something other than pancakes. :)

Recipe:
Stamps:
Believe in Magic (MFT Stamps).
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Jawbreaker (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), The Sweetest Thing – Bluebell designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake (SU!), Copic markers.
Accessories: Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Frost Smooch Glitz and Illuminate Smooch (Clearsnap), rhinestones (Doodlebug), Aqua Mist double stitched ribbon (PTI), Natural Jute (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

3 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Love her sweet little blue outfit and that stain on the patterned paper is really cool!!

Danni said...

This is just stunning! Gorgeous!!

Tracey said...

I am loving the colours on this!! Gorgeous card!!