Monday, October 8, 2012

TSG176: Cut Above the Rest!

Hello Crafty Friends!

It is time for another There She Goes challenge!  This week our challenge is brought to us by Angela! She is challenging YOU to make a card or project using the provided inspiration photo!

Tsg176InspirationChallenge

I decided to run with the needle work them and used the Cute As a Button stamp set to make my card.  I also tried to use similar colors as those in the inspiration piece.

TSG176_InspirationChallenge_DanielleLounds

I stamped a bunch of the small images from the set on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  Each image was cut out with scissors.  For the main panel I stamped the sentiment in black and then stitched green ruffled gingham ribbon to the top and bottom.  I then attached the little images here and there using glue and dimensionals.  Once finished, I added Glossy Accent to some of the buttons and then dusted with glitter.  Glossy Accents was also added to the handle of the scissors.

TSG167_InspirationChallenge_Closeup_DanielleLounds

It is a simple layout but I LOVE how it turned out.  I had my doubts as I was working on the card but I’m glad I stuck with it. ;)

Be sure to head over to the TSG blog for all of the challenge details and links to other Trendsetter’s with fabulous samples!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cute as a Button (TSG).
Paper: Kraft, Light Green (various companies), Choice Snow White (TE), White base (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Quilting Bee designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensional tape, Green gingham ruffled ribbon (May Arts), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal Fine Glitter (Martha Stewart).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)