Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Gift for You

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m popping in with a set of Christmas tags that I made. I think this might be the first set I’ve made for the year. I’m so behind… ;)

AGiftForYouTags_4Pack_DanielleLounds

I really meant to keep these tags simpler, but that was an epic fail. lol. Maybe the next set. For the design I used two There She Goes stamp sets: No Peeking and Warmest Wishes.  I stamped a circle image from No Peeking on Choice Buttercream cardstock in red and then punched out using a 1 3/8” circle punch.  Next I stamped the poinsettia from the same set on another piece of buttercream cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  This week’s TSG challenge, TSG 180, was to dress up your coloring.  So I added a touch of red Spica pen here and there to the poinsettia and then coated the entire flower with Glossy Accents.  Once dry the image was cut out and popped up over the circle using foam dimensionals.

For the background I cut five 1/2” strips from designer paper (by Echo park) and then adhered them to a red panel, angling them just a bit.  I then trimmed the excess, matted the piece on Naturals Ivory cardstock and stitched the edges.  Finally I stamped “A GIFT FOR YOU”, a sentiment from Warmest Wishes, in black ink beneath the bottom-most strip.

AGiftForYouTags_Single_DanielleLounds

I bought some crystal star pins a few weeks ago and thought they would be the perfect embellishment for a Christmas tag.  I cut a short length of red v-striped grosgrain ribbon and after pinching the middle together inserted the stick pin through it. I then wrapped some twine around the stick pin and ribbon and tied it into a bow.  Hopefully that makes sense. ;)

To finish everything was attached to a green tag and some Holiday Divine Twine as added.

AGiftForYouTags_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

Here is a close-up so you can see the sentiment placement and the Glossy Accents.

AGiftForYouTags_SentimentCloseup_DanielleLounds

Recipe:
Stamps: No Peeking, Warmest Wishes (TSG Stamps).
Paper: Green, Red (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Buttercream (SU!), This and That Christmas designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), circle punch (SU!), Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Tag, You’re It Die-namics (MFT), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, star stickpin (Maya Road), Red V-Striped grosgrain and natural jute (May Arts).

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your tags - I stalk your blog daily, and am in awe of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your tags - I stalk your blog daily, and am in awe of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)