Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gingerbread Men… Four of Them

Hello Crafty Friends!

I have a FUN project to share today.  I had so much fun making a batch of gingerbread man tags!  Usually around the holidays I’m completely focused on Christmas trees and snowmen when making cards and tags but this year the scrumptious gingerbread man has had all of my attention.  So much so, that I had to design a cut file for the Silhouette just so I could make a batch of them. :)  And here they are…

GingerbreadManTag_4Pack_DanielleLounds

They have been eating a lot of frosting so I gave them big bottoms. Heh heh.  To decorate the tags I used the Anna Wight cling set North Pole Post from Whipper Snapper Designs and a couple of circles cut from cardstock using Petite Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities dies.

GingerbreadManTag_SingleAndBack_DanielleLounds

The eyes are Goosebumps embellishments from Queen & Co. and I added dabs of frosting to his hands and feet using White Opal Liquid Pearls from Ranger.

GingerbreadManTag_Closeup_DanielleLounds

This is how I set up the output when cutting the gingerbread man in Silhouette Studio.  Then when cutting I just covered the left side of the mat with a 6” wide strip of Creamy Carmel cardstock and the right side with a 6” wide strip of Naturals Ivory cardstock.  Easy peasy.

I’ve been debating whether or not to share my cut file… but to be honest I don’t know if anyone would even use it.  Crickets, you know. ;)  If you are interested send me an e-mail.

GingerbreadManTag_SilhouetteScreenShot_DanielleLounds

Later gators – I’m off to see a movie.  No, not that one.  I’m all about James Bond this weekend. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: North Pole Post (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Naturals Ivory (SU!), burgundy (PTI), designer (Carte Bella).
Ink: Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger), Memento Tuxedo Black, Black paint pen.
Accessories: Goosebumps (Queen & Co.), Natural jute (May Arts), eyelet, Glossy Accents and White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Petite Scalloped Circles and Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensional tape (TE), crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart), rhinestones (SU!).

5 comments:

  1. Are you kidding with these????? they are so freakin cute! I don't have a silhouette, otherwise I'd be all over this like a fat kid on a, well, gingerbread man! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest tags! I've been wanting to make some different tags this year and these would be perfect! I emailed you. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVEEE Gingerbread man and these are SOOO CUTE! But, I wouldn't know how to design with my silhouette studio though. ): I'm not a good designer. haha. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)