Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy 18th Birthday!

Hello Crafty Friends -

My niece turned eighteen recently and I knew I had to make her an extra special card.  Since she loves her Kindle I picked up an Amazon gift card and decided to incorporate that into the design (it did not take her long to find it!).

I decided to use Cupcake Ruby from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and the “Happy Birthday” sentiment is from an MFT Pure Innocence stamp set.

SC_GiftCardHolderCard_DanielleLounds

Instead of coloring Ruby, I stamped her in black on Choice Snow White cardstock and cut out using a circle die.  I then misted the image with Pearl and Burgundy Glimmer Mists for a shimmery shine.  I did outline the image with a W2 copic marker for a bit of depth.  Once dry I layered on black cardstock and stitched the edges.

SC_GiftCardHolderCard_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

Behind the main image is a gift card envelope that I tucked the gift card into.  I attached a piece of vellum to the back of the card so that it was easier to pull it out of the envelope.

SC_GiftCardHolderCard_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

Here is a shot of the gift card removed.  You can also see how I stamped the “Happy Birthday” sentiment on the flap of the envelope.

SC_GiftCardHolderCard_WithoutGC_DanielleLounds

The gift card holder is a design I created in Silhouette Studio and cut out using the Silhouette Cameo.  Here is a look at the design before being assembled:

GiftCardHolder_DanielleLounds

So what do you think?  Like the look of the shimmery main image?  It is a bit different than my usual style. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Cupcake Ruby (Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps).
Paper: Real Red (SU!), Basic Black (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), vellum, designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fired Brick and Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Pearl and Burgundy Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels), Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), rhinestones (Doodlebug), Thickers (American Crafts), Red Divine Twine (Whisker Graphics), Simply Chartreuse stitched ribbon (PTI), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape.

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! Would you be willing to share the gift card holder file? I will be getting a Silhouette soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)