Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello, Friend

Hiya! Been a few days since I posted but I’m back and with another card featuring a sweetheart of a stamp from MFT Stamps: Pure Innocence – Aim High.

HighInTheSky_Friend_DanielleLounds

I kept the layout simple and focused most of work on creating a little outdoors scene.  The cloudy background was sponged using Distress Ink and a could template.  I paper pieced both the kite and her dress.  The remaining portions of the image were colored with Copic markers.

HighInTheSky_Friend_Closeup_DanielleLounds

You can see in the picture below how I stamped the little girl and the kite twice, with the second set cut out and popped up over the first using foam dimensionals.  You can kind of see that I actually colored the base images too.  I do that because I’m fussy about white showing behind the main image when you look at it from the side.  However, I do not spend a lot of time shading or anything… just a quick swipe of a Copic marker or two. ;)

HighInTheSky_Friend_Sideview_DanielleLounds

Nighty night!  See you later this week with some There She Goes and Sparkle Creations goodness! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Aim High
(MFT Stamps).
Paper: white and gray (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Faded Jeans Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Pearls (Queen & Co), vintage seam binding, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, Clouds Border die (TE), Mini Tabs Foursome Die-namics (MFT).

8 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute, love it!

Karen Giron said...

Oh my word, this is DARLING! Wow, Danielle - your coloring is out of the world fantastic.

Kim said...

That is AMAZING. I just love those clouds. Beautiful!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, Danielle! love those clouds and the dimension!!

Jody Morrow said...

What an amazing card! SO pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so cute - your clouds are gorgeous!

Becky Sorensen said...

This is a beautiful card. I love how pretty it is!!

Jenni said...

very pretty!! love the clouds!!

jennik