Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Cheer Tags

Hello Crafty Friends -

It has been a few days since I’ve posted a set of tags and even though I probably have enough of them I couldn’t resist making another set.  Especially after I saw the challenge posted by The Challenge Chicks over on Facebook.  The challenge?  To  make a set of tags.  Muhahaha… my kind of challenge. ;)

SnowmanHolidayCheerTags_4Pack_DanielleLounds

Since I wanted to create a larger tag and didn’t have the right tag die, I cut the tag base and layering tag using the Silhouette Cameo and a tag design I created.  I used the Anna Wight Spirit of Christmas cling set from Whipper Snapper Designs for the focal point and sentiment.  I colored the image with Copic markers and after die cutting sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink.  I then used an edge distressing tool to rough it up a bit and finished with dots of White Opal Liquid Pearls and a dab or two of Crystal Stickles along the ground.

SnowmanHolidayCheerTags_Closeup_DanielleLounds

After adhering the tag layers together (distressed the edges first) I added stitching using my sewing machine and set a jumbo eyelet. I then tied some ribbon in a bow and added a wood button using jute.

The backs of the tags were looking a bit messy what with the sewing and the holes I punched for the jute when tying the button in place.  To fix, I cut out more of the base tags and just adhered them over the messiness using foam dimensional tape.

SnowmanHolidayCheerTags_SingleFrontBack_DanielleLounds

These tags are a bit larger than the ones I normally make; about 3” wide by 4 1/2” tall.  Here is a shot with a set I posted last week.

SnowmanHolidayCheerTags_Comparison_DanielleLounds

Later gators!  I need to really get crackin’ on making some Christmas cards… simple ones… that can be mailed without costing an arm and a leg. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Spirit of Christmas (Whipper Snapper Designs).
Paper: Kraft (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Red (SU!), Green (PTI), Handmade Holidays designer (Simple Stories).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: jute, red ribbon (May Arts), wood button, Jumbo Scalloped and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), jumbo eyelet (We R Memory Keepers), Flax Baker’s Twine (The Twinery), White Opal Liquid Pearls and Crystal Stickles (Ranger).

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness ME! I do love these tags! And I am thrilled that you joined is in our challenge for the month! :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)