Friday, December 7, 2012

SCRS Preview: Chinese New Year Rin

Hello everyone!

Today is the first day of previews for Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and we are excited about the new stamps this month! First up is the new Chinese New Year Rin stamp (she will be available for purchase on Saturday).

NewYearRinPreview_DanielleLounds

I had a lot of fun coloring Rin using some pink Copic markers. And since she is in a very festive mood I had to add Glossy Accents and glitter to her head piece.

NewYearRinPreview_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

For embellishment I created a big pink flower using a set of sunflower dies from My Favorite Stamps and a big green felt covered brad I created using the iTop Brad Maker from Imaginisce.  Felt covered brads… I think I found a new love. ;)

NewYearRinPreview_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

I rarely decorate the inside of my cards but Chinese New Year Rin comes with two fabulous sentiments and I had to find room to use at least one of them.  I kept the layout and embellishments to a minimum; just a bit of ribbon, designer paper and a few pearls.

NewYearRinPreview_Inside_DanielleLounds

Be sure to visit all rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Chinese New Year Rin. Sparkle will be giving away Chinese New Year Rin to one lucky person! For a chance to win, you need to comment on all of the designer's blogs (listed below). Then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Chinese New Year Rin post. You have until midnight EST each day to comment. The lucky winner will be announced on Monday!

Recipe:
Stamps: Chinese New Year Rin (Sparkle Creations).
Paper: Red, Pink Piroutte (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Taffy (Bazzill Card Shoppe), designer (Echo Park)
Ink: black, Copic markers.
Accessories: jute and polka dot green ribbon (May Arts), green felt (MFT), iTop Brad (Imaginisce), foam dimensional tape (TE), Sunflower Die-namic (MFT), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Crystal fine glitter (MS), Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), button (SU!), pearls (Queen & Co.).

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable stamp set! My daughter is Chinese and I am sure she would LOVE this! Your card is so darn cute and I really like the flower, too! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh she is so cute and I love the fabulous card design. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Danielle! Love the colors and that big felt brad is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the DPs..your card is beautiful and the flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! love the soft colors and great layout! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you used on this, and how cool is her headpiece with GA and glitter!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card, Danielle! I love the colours you've chosen and how you've blinged up her headress! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)