Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SCRSC94: Snow-spiration!

Hello Crafty Friends!

I’m popping in with a *set* of cards for this week’s Sparkle Creations challenge.  I’m in need of Christmas/Winter cards to mail out so I thought I would create a card that was a bit easier to duplicate (and wouldn’t cost a ton to mail). :)

SCRS_SnowChallenge_3Pack_DanielleLounds

This week’s challenge is “SNOW”; you can use the snowy picture below for inspiration:

scrsc94

For all of the details on the challenge head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

SCRS_SnowChallenge_Single1_DanielleLounds

For my cards I used Snow Angel Ruby and made a set of three. Each card has a different sentiment from the Winter Schminter stamp set from Whipper Snapper Designs.  I just couldn’t make the cards exactly the same.  Lol.

SCRS_SnowChallenge_Single2_DanielleLounds

Instead of stamping Ruby in black and coloring I stamped her in blue and then added a bit of Glossy Accents and glitter to make the snow pop.  Easy peasy and very fast.  I stayed true to my usual style by adding a couple of ribbons, stitching and a few rhinestones.  I think I’m going to make another set of these cards, but with a more Christmas feel to them.

SCRS_SnowChallenge_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Later gators! Be sure to head over to the SCRS Blog for more samples from the talented design team.

Recipe:
Stamps: Snow Angel Ruby (Sparkle Creations), Winter Schminter (Whipper Snapper Designs)..
Paper: Icy Mint and Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Winter Wishes designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Prussian Blue Fluid Chalk ink (ColorBox).
Accessories: Wide V-Striped Blue grosgrain and White twill (May Arts), Blue rhinestones (Doodlebug), Scalloped Edger punch (SU!), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Circle Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), Glossy Accents (Ranger), glitter (MS).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)