Saturday, December 29, 2012

Something Magical about Winter

Hello!  Been a while since I’ve posted here.  Got caught up with the holidays, traveling and a cold so I took a bit of break. :)  But I’m back and I have a wintery TSG card to share with you.

For this card I used the Snow globe stamp set and coordinating die and Wonderful Winter Wishes stamp set.

MagicalWinterSnowglobe_DanielleLounds

I used the die to cut an opening in a piece of designer paper and the Chocolate Chip cardstock I layered under it.  I then stitched the edges and covered the opening with a piece of acetate.  I then stamped the snow globe and an image from Wonderful Winter Wishes on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I added Crystal Stickles to the snow on the ground a few tiny pearls to the sky as snowflakes.

MagicalWinterSnowglobe_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

After decorating the main panel with a bit of ribbon I attached the image behind it using foam dimensional tape.  This piece was then adhered to another piece of designer paper that had been stitched to Chocolate Chip cardstock.  Next I tied a sentiment around the whole thing using natural jute.  For a final touch a few blue pearls were added.

MagicalWinterSnowglobe_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Besides making sure everything was all lined up it was actually an easier card to make. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Snow Globe stamp and die set, Wonderful Winter Wishes (TSG).
Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU!), Kraft (PTI), Choice Snow White (TE), Aspen Frost designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Crystal Stickles (Ranger), Itty Bitty Pearls (SU!), Natural Jute and striped ribbon (May Arts), acetate, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, blue pearls (Queen & Co.), foam dimensional tape.

3 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)