Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Celebrate Turtle Tags!

Ready for some turtle-ly cool tags on a half shell? I thought so!  I made a set of tags for Inky Antics using the Birthday Turtle clear stamp set.  The images in this set are not only cute but versatile.  You can use them on their own or pair them with the turtle to make cute scenes. 

For my tags I used a couple of the small images and the turtle… the turtle was too cute to resist so I had to use him.  Had to!

InkyAntics_BirthdayTurtle_TagSet_DanielleLounds

I whiled a way a bit of time coloring these images and then adding texture to the turtle’s shell using Glossy Accents and Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  Glittery shell = party dress!

InkyAntics_BirthdayTurtle_Tag2Closeup_DanielleLounds

I added some extra dimension to the images by stamping the hat and cake a second time and adhering over the main images with foam tape.

InkyAntics_BirthdayTurtle_SideView_DanielleLounds

For more pictures and project details head over to the Inky Antics blog.  And make sure to read to the very end of the post… :D

Recipe:
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Aqua (Stampin’ Up!), Tags and Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Seen & Noted Designer (Pebbles)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Copic Spica Pens
Accessories: Natural Jute (May Arts), Brown Pearls (Queen & Co.), Wood Button, Glossy Acents and Rock Candy Distress Glitter (Ranger), Foam Tape.

6 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I love the sparkle and the shine on the turtle shells. Is that immaculate fuzzy cutting or Silhouette cutting - it's perfect!
    ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute. These would make awesome party invitations too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! The stickles and glossy accents is such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your tags!!! Every time I see a set I say I'm going to sit down and make some then always get sidetracked. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)