Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Love to Color…

Sometimes I love my Copic markers and today is one of those days.  I played along with last week’s TSG challenge to add sponging using diecuts.  I’m a little late, mostly because I was  not feeling creative at all last week.  However after making this card and spending some quality time coloring I can feel my crafting mojo coming back. :)

SparklyAndBright_SpongingWithDiecuts_DanielleLounds

I stamped one of the girl images from Sparkly & Bright on Choice Snow white cardstock and cut out with a Labels Fourteen Nestabilities die.  I masked the main image and then while leaving the die in place and using a cloud template I sponged the sky using Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  I sponged the ground using Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

I stamped the girl a second time and colored with Copic markers before cutting out.  I did color the base image too but didn’t do any shading… just enough color so it looks okay when you look at the card from the side.  I popped the second image over the first using foam tape and then added some dots of Liquid Pearls.

SparklyAndBright_SpongingWithDiecuts_Closeup_DanielleLounds

I used a few pearls and a bit of ribbon for embellishment but I spent the most time adding texture by embossing the second panel, distressing edges and adding stitching to the third panel.

SparklyAndBright_SpongingWithDiecuts_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

So what do you think?  Like the all of the neutrals with just a few pops of color that I used on this card?

Recipe:
Stamps: Sparkly & Bright (TSG).
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), brown, Choice Snow White (TE), Peaceful designer (Authentique).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Tumbled Glass and Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Pearls (Queen & Co.), Platinum Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Modern Wallpaper Embossing folder (Provo Craft), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensional tape, Labels 14 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Clouds Border Die (TE).

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! This is so striking! The sponged background just pops off the card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)