Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Make it amazing

I had an interesting day yesterday.  There was the epic failure of trying to install a new pet door. The happy moment when I switched out the grungy old floor mats in my Jeep for brand new ones that fit perfectly. The realization that the downspout popped off the gutters when I saw the big puddle of water in the garage.  The final moment of the day came when I made this card and it turned out even better than I hoped.  Best moment of the day! ;)

MakeItAmazingWithCrochetedHeart_DanielleLounds

I only had one goal for this card; it must incorporate a crocheted heart.  That is it.  I picked the papers, stamps and inks to coordinate with the heart and to fit the general idea of a layout that I had.

MakeItAmazingWithCrochetedHeart_Closeup_DanielleLounds

And this card is all about texture.  Roughed up edges, punched borders, pearls and twine were all added with this thought in mind.  The floral images, frame and sentiment are from the Make It Amazing stamp set by Taylored Expressions.

MakeItAmazingWithCrochetedHeart_SideShot_DanielleLounds

Any questions on the card just let me know!  I’ll have to write up some details on creating the crocheted hearts soon.

P.S.  I will get the new pet door installed… I just need to purchase a couple of additional items first.  Oh, and the downspout is back where it belongs.  And what the heck happened to my huge roll of duct tape???  Is it in my Jeep?  Because it definitely wasn’t where it was supposed to be. Hmm… I’m going to blame the cats.

Recipe:
Stamps: Make It Amazing (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), Icy Mint (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Love Me designer (My Mind’s Eye).
Ink: Memento London Fog, Spun Sugar Distress Ink (Ranger).
Accessories: Crocheted flower, button (MFT), Twine (May Arts), Pearls (Queen & Co.), foam dimensional tape (TE), border punch (SU!), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

3 comments:

  1. This - is - awesome! You are so freaking talented my friend - that crocheted heart looked SPECTACULAR!!
    ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented, what lovely crocheted hearts!!! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)