Friday, January 18, 2013

There She Goes Again: Love Birds

Hey Crafty Friends -

It is that wonderful time of the month when the There She Goes Trendsetter’s make new projects featuring previously released stamp sets. This month we are all about the love:

For my project today I decided to make some little treat boxes and decorate them with the Love Birds stamp set and some hand crocheted hearts… love!

LoveBirds_TreatBagsWithFlap_DanielleLounds

First off I designed a treat box and then cut it out using the Silhouette.  And guess what? Because I appreciate all of you I’ve added a page with links to download the cut files I design.  Just click on the tab at the top of my blog that says “Cut Files.”  I’ll be uploading a file for this box in the near future but I need to clean up a few details first. :)

LoveBirds_TreatBagsWithFlap_BackSideDanielleLounds

The closures were made by setting a jumbo eyelet in the back of the box and using a couple of buttons to create a catch on the flap.  I then threaded another button onto some purple burlap cording and tied a knot – creating a loop about an 1” to 1.5” long.  I fed the loop through the eyelet (the knot and button are on the inside of the box); the button keeps the knotted end of the burlap cording from pulling through the eyelet.  The loop is then wrapped around the button catch to keep the box closed.  For one of the boxes I sewed the button catch in place.  For the other (and I think this works better) I glued a small button to the back of a bigger button and then glued it to the flap.

LoveBirds_TreatBagsWithFlap_Closeup_DanielleLounds

See all the pretty details?  Do you like those crocheted hearts?  I have more plans for these and I will be back with another post soon with the details on making them. :D

Make sure to pop over to the TSG blog for more fabulous samples from the team.

Recipe:
Stamps: Love Birds (TSG).
Paper: Blush Blossom and Rose Red (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Fancy Pants).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliance Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents and Rock Candy Distress Glitter (Ranger), Postage Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, buttons, Natural Jute and purple burlap cording (may Arts), foam dimensional tape, Jumbo Eyelets (We R Memory Keepers).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)