Monday, January 7, 2013

TSG189: The City is Different…

Hello!

I’m back with a card for this week’s TSG Challenge! I have a few TSG stamp sets in my collection that have never seen ink so I thought it was the perfect time to ink one of them: On the Move.  I love the sentiments that are included in this set. Fun fun fun!

OnTheMove_YellowBlueBlackChallenge_DanielleLounds

The challenge?  It is all about color, in particular, to use the color scheme of yellow, black and blue.  I think I managed that with my card.  Although I did add a little bit of ivory and brown neutrals to bring it all together.

TSG189

Make sure to head over to the TSG Blog for all of the details on the challenge and how you can win a prize.

OnTheMove_YellowBlueBlackChallenge_Closeup_DanielleLounds

And despite appearances, this card took me a while to make.  I kept fussing with the layout.  You would not believe how many different places I tried to incorporate the blue designer paper. In the end the ribbon and arrow won ownership of the main panel and I just stuck the designer paper along the bottom. Hopefully the elements of my next card will play nice instead of having an all out battle. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: On the Move (TSG).
Paper: Black (PTI), Blue (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Naturals Ivory (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), Family Ties designer (Pebbles).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Pearls (Queen & Co.), Lemon Tart Saddle-Stitched grosgrain (PTI), Lead the Way Die-namics (MFT), foam dimensional tape, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

2 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)