Thursday, February 21, 2013

TSG Blog Hop: Giddy Up

Hello Crafty Friends! I hope you enjoyed all of the *beary* great samples from yesterday. ;) Today the There She Goes Trendsetters are back to share sneak peeks of another fun stamp set that will make you giddy.

Giddy Up Blog Hop Challenge

Cowboys and western themes are all the rage right now, and we wanted IN on this super popular trend….and boy did Torico deliver! Our new Giddy Up set is so fun, you’ll be roped in!

Print

Giddy Up is a 6x8 set that includes a total of 26 stamps and will sell for $24.00.

GiddyUp_DanielleLounds

For my card, I colored and then cutout the cowgirl. I coordinated the colors of her outfit with the designer paper and then a few of those colors were covered up by the die-cut circle. I didn’t plan that well. ;)

GiddyUp_CowgirlCloseup_DanielleLounds

For a background I cut 3/4” by 3 7/8” strips of designer paper and adhered them to a 4 1/4” x 4” panel cut from dark brown cardstock.  I did overlap the edges of the strips just a bit so that all six of them would fit.  Once tacked in place I stitched the edges using my sewing machine.  I didn’t want to detract from the main image and the stitched panel so I just used a a bit of jute, twill ribbon and a brown button form embellishment.

GiddyUp_EmbellishmentCloseup_DanielleLounds

Would you like to win the new Giddy Up stamp set? Here is what you need to do- visit the Trendsetter’s blogs that are participating in each of the blog hop challenges below and comment on their creations as you go. One of the Trendsetter’s blogs (from each hop day) will be randomly chosen as the ‘it’ blog and a winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments left on that Trendsetter’s Blog Hop Challenge post.

You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning new stamps! The Blog Hop Challenges will be open until 5 PM Eastern Time Saturday, February 23rd with the winner being announced during the release party chat.

Recipe:
Stamps: Giddy Up (TSG).
Paper: Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Early Espresso (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine designer (My Mind’s Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Lipstick and Gold Copic Spica pens.
Accessories: jute and twill ribbon (May Arts), Pinking Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), foam dimensional tape (TE), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, button, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

49 comments:

  1. Adorable card! I love the papers and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great how you used strokes off paper, also the button perfectly fit with the card, very nice work, thanks for the chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ribbon treatment is cool! Love that idea. Adorable image and card! This will be a set hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The papers are so sweet. I think it's a great idea to use some scraps! Love your colouring and the way you've used your ribbon!

    Hugs, Evy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the femine touch you gave to the cowgirl. gr8mom52@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. que belleza de tarjetaaaaaaaaaa !!!! adorable !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love the designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable. Love the design and colors of your card. Great coloring of that adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your layout and nice coloring especially the freckles on the sassy Cowgirl. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so FREAKING cute! Love your layout!! -Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ack!!! this is sooo darling! love the girly papers and the awesome cowgirl! yeeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little bit of ribbon and the dark background to the girl add so much. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweetie pie. I like her soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She just jumps off the card the way you placed and colored her! Love her sweet little face! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can I get invited to the release party? I want to see more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute card. I love the detail with the ribbon and the button.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has been so fun! I very happily stumbled upon you and did both days of blog hops. It is incredible to such mad coloring skills. I love seeing how each artist does it differently. Thank you for sharing! Please send me an invite to the release!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute card....love the pp strips and the ribbon/button combo on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very cute! Colors are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the strips of paper and the sentiment is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow your card is adorable!! love the strips of paper

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love cards that have stitching on them, I am still trying to master that, but it's so fun to try! love her freckles too, looks like my little sister when we were young (the good ole days :))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous! Love the strips of paper and fun little tab treatment in the corner! Such a darling image!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh she is so super cute, I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the button!! So cute. Thanks. Sandy C.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute idea on the background. Cute card

    ReplyDelete
  27. so pretty, thats a great card, even from across the 'Pond' the cowboy theme looks like great fun, I love it, and love that we can maybe win, these stamps are awesome. thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card, lovin' the layout but most of all I can hear that sentiment in my head!! So very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think she is fabulous on her little boots, gorgeous colours too, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an adorable card. She is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the ribbon/button combo. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. very nice! The dp works together perfectly & your coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card! Love the image and the quilted background! Cute button/tag accent! TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Way cute! The papers are great together and love that button!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a cute card, love the design, colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So lovely!!!!!!!! I love the stamps very much!!!!!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute card. I like the award ribbon type circle. The card base is great as well as the other embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great card! Love the colors you chose!

    ~Ashley
    proudusmcwife@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. what a sassy little cowgirl....lol

    ReplyDelete
  40. She is such a cutie! Love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)