Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Kick up your heels!

Hello!  The crafty mojo is getting stronger and stronger which means I have another card to share with you this week.  This one uses a color that I rarely reach for: lavender (one of those colors that is either loved or really hated)!

KickUpYourHeels_DanielleLounds

This week’s TSG challenge is to make a card using only black cardstock for your layering. Oh, I think I can handle this one. I’ve actually had this challenge in mind while making cards all week long.  You can find all of the details of the challenge HERE

I decided that since black is such a key part of this challenge that I needed to use an image that features a lot of black, and what image is better than a zebra?!  This cute critter is from the Jungle Out There stamp set.

KickUpYourHeels_ImageCloseup_DanielleLounds

I stamped the zebra in Brilliance Graphite Black ink and heat set before adding a bit of color using Copic markers.  I found with this black ink that I do have to be careful to not smear it so I only use it when doing just a bit of coloring. If I need to do a lot of coloring I use Memento Tuxedo Black ink (but I love how much sharper the Graphite Black is).

See the chevron designer paper?  I thought it would be the perfect match to a zebra and because of that I was stuck with a color scheme that includes purple. But I may be changing my ways when it comes to color because I really like how this card turned out. :D

Before I leave here is a close up… of the purple ribbon.  Heh heh.

KickUpYourHeels_EmbellishmentCloseup_DanielleLounds

Reminder: Head over to the TSG blog for all of the details on the challenge.  We would LOVE for you to participate!

Recipe:
Stamps: Jungle Out There (TSG)
Paper: Kraft and Black (MFT), Butter Mints (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), What’s Up? designer (Basic Grey).
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Copic markers.
Accessories: Tim Holtz embossing folder (Sizzix), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), 3/4” grosgrain ribbon and natural jute (May Arts), wood button, foam dimensional tape (TE), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

1 comment:

  1. It's awfully cute! And really, the lavender isn't overdone and it's greatly muted by the neutrals. But then, I'm in the love-lavender camp. ;) Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)