Tuesday, March 26, 2013

TSG Blog Hop: Lucky Duck

Hello Crafty Friends – I had an interesting start to my day yesterday (furnace went on vacation) and I’m hoping my luck is much better today. And speaking of luck I have a fun sneak peek of a new Lucky Duck stamp set that There She Goes will be releasing on Saturday. :)

Lucky Duck Blog Hop Challenge

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck…well, it’s probably a Lucky Duck! Ok, that was corny, but this SUPER cute set by Torico will make you squee with delight…could it get any cuter? Lots of ducks, and stamps to build the perfect scene, it’s so versatile.

Print

Lucky Duck is a 4x8 set that includes a total of 24 stamps and will sell for $18.00.

While brainstorming the sentiments for Lucky Duck, as always, we took a turn for the dark side…..what else can I say besides this set is ducking awesome.

Hooked on Quack is a 3x4 set that includes a total of 7 stamps and will sell for $9.00.

YouQuackMeUpDuckie_DanielleLounds

For my card I used one of the cute little ducks (this one looks so sweet and prim) and a couple little cloud images to create a little scene on designer paper. I didn’t want to overpower the little duck so I stuck with softer tones for the paper and embellishments.

YouQuackMeUpDuckie_Closeup_DanielleLounds

I couldn’t resist adding glitter to the clouds and coating the duck’s beak and feet with Glossy Accents. A matching sentiment was stamped on a frame cut from Kraft cardstock.

YouQuackMeUpDuckie_Sideview_DanielleLounds

Would you like to win the new Lucky Duck /Hooked on Quack stamp sets? Here is what you need to do- visit the Trendsetter’s blogs that are participating in each of the blog hop challenges below and comment on their creations as you go. One of the Trendsetter’s blogs (from each hop day) will be randomly chosen as the ‘it’ blog and a winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments left on that Trendsetter’s Blog Hop Challenge post.

You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning new stamps! The Blog Hop Challenges will be open until 5 PM Eastern Time Saturday, March 30th with the winner being announced during the release party chat.

Recipe:
Stamps: (TSG)
Paper: Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Kraft (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE), Sweet Day designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Yellow Polka Dot Grosgrain (May Arts), Circle Nestabilities die (Spellbinders), Insta-Frame Die-namics (MFT), foam dimensional tape, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, rhinestones (Kaiser Craft).

65 comments:

  1. I love this card, with the ribbon running out of the frame. Great coloring job, too. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! I really love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely adorable! I am loving the design of this card with the ribbon weaved through the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! And the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! The duck is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, love the sparkly clouds. I'm lovin' the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the frame and the inside and outside the frame layout this card is really cute TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh...SO cute! I love the text background and the frame for that cute duck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so adorable! Love it!
    bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card and I love all your layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love your coloring and great papers. I can see I'd be using a lot of glossy accents with these lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card! Love how it comes out of the frame and the glittery clouds! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word!! This is beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all the little details on this adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all the dimension! The coloring is great and the stitching on the frame is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE how you made it look like a photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The glitter on the clouds adds so much. This is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant ideas with your design - glittery clouds are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card...love how you threaded the yellow ribbon through the die.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This little duck is adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too cute, can't wait to purchase it! I love duckies :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree... this card quacks me up too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your background paper. Is that pattern paper or maybe a stamp? I love it!! The duck is pretty cute too. Thanks. Sandy C.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card! Love all the layers and the ribbon running through the frame adds great dimension! TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything about this card. The ribbon placement, the glitter on the cloud and the sweet little ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adorable!!!! The duck is so cute and I love the glossy bill and feet! Too cute on the design of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet! Love the stitching and those pattern papers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is the sweetest layout and card! Hope the furnace chooses to behave now, ours has needed three separate repair visits this winter as well and we were warned last time to start saving up for a new boiler. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is perfection! I love the design! :>

    ReplyDelete
  30. So adorable! Love the glitter and gloss, and everything about this! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cool card. Love the script paper and the stitched frame on top. Great design.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net
    Loving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Danielle, this card is fabulous! What an awesome layout and color composition, it's definitely one of my all-time faves!
    Happy Easter to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. This almost looks like a photo! Really Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. ha ha ha...cute sentiment. Your frame and how this looks like a photo is pretty nifty and i also like the polka dot ribbon accent! Hope I'm the lucky duck who wins these stamps!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic card...I love all the elements you used on it. And the duck...well, just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great layout! What more could a duck want lol.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The sentiment quacks me up too...Love this image set!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This made me smile! Love the techniques you used, the background, coloring of the duck and the glittery clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  39. love the duck, he is so cute and the sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Adorable design and coloring, Danielle! This set is on my Wish List for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awesome card and I love the fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fun mix of papers on this one! Love your sparkly clouds :o)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I adore this card - love all the layers and such! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card, what a cute little duck :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I really love your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great card. The glossy accents were a fantastic idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. OMGosh! I love the design of this card. Great colors and love that duck!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Super cute. Love the layers and that yellow ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I totally missed this set being released - it was my birthday! LOVE what you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)