Sunday, March 3, 2013

You are unique

Hey Crafty Friends -

I have a bit of exciting news to share with you tonight.  I’ve joined the fabulous team over at Inspiration Emporium! You can read the announcement HERE on their blog.  I’m so excited to be joining this group of talented crafters/artists. :D

I thought I would share a card to celebrate cause I was crafty this weekend… again.

PoppedUpSnowman_ForIE_DanielleLounds

I know you are probably tired of winter, but I had to use this set before the season is completely over.  And it is definitely not over here yet, last week’s winter storm did a bit of damage to my white pines.  It was not obvious at first but the branches are starting to fall.  There are a couple already on the ground and while I was checking them out I noticed a couple other big branches that were broken but hadn’t fallen. Overall it isn’t too bad… just a few nude spots here and there. ;)

Unlike my trees the snowmen on this card are not nude.  I paper pieced each snowman, from the Swanky Snowdudes stamp set, using different styles of paper from the Peaceful 6x6 pad from Authentique. I stamped their hats and scarves a second time so that I could color them with Copic markers and then cut out, adhering over the paper pieced images. For Mr. Tall-and-Handsome snowman I added black pearls. They are indeed a bit unique.

PoppedUpSnowman_ForIE_Closeup_DanielleLounds

For the background I cut two rectangles from white cardstock using Wonky Rectangles Dies.  I trimmed one rectangle with scissors to create the ground and then coated with glue and added Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  The second square was sponged with Stormy Sky Distress Ink, using a cloud border cutout as a template.  Once dry I adhered the snowmen in place using foam dimensionals.

PoppedUpSnowman_ForIE_SideView_DanielleLounds

For a final bit of embellishment I added some stitching and a bow from Ivory Vintage Seam Binding.

So what do you think?  Willing to endure winter just a bit longer because of these cute snowmen? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Swanky Snowdudes (Paper Smooches).
Paper: Black (PTI), Marshmallow (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Peaceful designer (Authentique).
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Stormy Sky Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers.
Accessories: Ivory vintage seam binding, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter (Ranger), Black Pearls (Queen & Co.), Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Cloud Border die (TE).

4 comments:

  1. Danielle-I am so happy to be on this team with you-looking forward to see more of you wonderful creations!
    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still stamping snowmen, too! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your DT appointment - how fantastic! And what a great card to kick us off - the snowmen are absolutely adorable in their cute little patterned papers, love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new team Danielle! I love how you stamped the snowmen onto the subtle patterned paper!! Looks great :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)