Monday, April 29, 2013

Iron Craft Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends -

A little while back Chaitali asked me if I would be willing to take part in an Iron Craft challenge – a lot like Iron Chef but with chopping cardstock instead of vegetables. ;)  I was more than honored to be asked to participate so of course I said yes.

Our ingredients? Honeycomb paper from Inky Antics and the Ba Donky Donk stamp set from There She Goes.  This combination just screams fun!

BaDonkeyDonk_withHoneycombBall_DanielleLounds

My favorite honeycomb paper is the rainbow set so I pulled that out and created a big ball for the donkey to balance on.  He’s talented, very talented.  I cut some clouds from white felt using clouds dies from Taylored Expressions and then I cut a border of grass from green felt.  No die for the grass – I just snipped away with some scissors.  I balanced out the brightness of the ball with a touch of bright pink ribbon.

BaDonkeyDonk_withHoneycombBall_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

I added some tiny rhinestones to the clouds and stamped the sentiment on a tab cut out using a die from My Favorite Things.  The finished card measures 3.5” wide by 5.5” tall.  So… I probably won’t mail this card since the rainbow ball really sticks out.  Instead I will probably just punch a hole in the top and tie the card to a gift like I would a big tag. :)

BaDonkeyDonk_withHoneycombBall_Sideview_DanielleLounds

If you haven’t been over to Chaitali’s blog yet, I recommend you pop over there to see her take on the challenge. :)

Edited to add: I forgot to mention this earlier - there is a prize!!! There She Goes Stamps has very generously sponsored a giveaway of $15 gift certificate for one lucky winner.  So you should really head over to Chaitali’s blog. :D

3 comments:

  1. Its such a beautiful and fun card!!! Love it! :) Thanks for playing along in Iron Craft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, popped over here from Chaitali's blog. I love fun image and honeypop paper and the use of the star paper for the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable Danielle! Love your take on the challenge and I love the rhinestones on the clouds - ADORBS!!!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)