I’ve been on quite the tag kick (what a surprise!) and have another one to share with you today. This is another tag that I started by painting with with gesso and then embellishing.
I know a few people who enjoy sewing so I went with that for my theme today and used a couple of images from the Tim Holtz – Mini Blueprints 3 stamp set. And since these fabric artists are always making beautiful creations I thought the sentiment from Urban Chic was appropriate.
After attaching the sentiment panel with a jumbo eyelet and decorating with Liquid Pearls I added a bunch of sewing-related embellishments: stick pins, burlap, twine, and ribbons.
To recreate the look of the tag here are a few steps:
1. Paint tag with white gesso and let dry. Then stamp images with an Emboss It ink pad and heat set with black embossing powder.
2. Scribble over image with Distress Markers and blend colors using a brush and water. I did one color at a time and let the tag dry a bit in between. Here you can see the bobbins colored with Spiced Marmade (already blended) and the sewing machines started with Worn Lipstick.
3. The Worn Lipstick blended with water.
4. I finished coloring and blending the stamped images using Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, and Pumice Stone. I’ve begun coloring the background by added scribbles of Broken China here and there.
5. The finished tag base. Let dry and then decorate the tag. Below is another close-up of the finished tag.
Note: the main layer is help in place with the jumbo eyelet and the staples that I attached through the burlap and ribbon. This way you can pull the sentiment panel back and see more details of the tag base. :)
Coupon Alert! If you are shopping at the Inspiration Emporium you can use coupon code fatcatstamper for 10% off your order. Pictured below are links to some of the products I used to create this card. :)
Stamps: Tim Holtz – Mini Blueprints 3 and Tim Holtz Urban Chic (Stamper’s Anonymous).
Paper: Manilla Tag, Weathered Wood Cardstock (Core-dinations).
Ink: Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Emboss It Clear (Ranger)
Accessories: black embossing powder, Lyric Wood Clips (Prima Marketing), grosgrain ribbon (SU!), Raspberry Ric Rac (May Arts), Black Licorice Divine Twine (Whisker Graphics), Platinum Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger), jumbo eyelet and Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers, Tiny Attacher (Idealogy).