Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SCRSC102: Hooray for Washi!

Hi all – It is time for another Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamp’s challenge. The last couple of days the sun has peeked out for a few hours. Of course there was also snow flurries on Sunday but I will celebrate the few hours of sun that we have gotten.  And speaking of celebrating, I used Birthday Josh to make a celebratory card. :D

WashiChallenge_BirthdayJosh_DanielleLounds

The challenge this week is to use washi tape. Besides ribbon, I think washi tape is my favorite embellishment to collect. Although I have shown some restraint since I don’t use it as often as ribbon. Heh heh.

For all of the details of the challenge, head over to the Sparkle Creations Blog. You can find Sparkle Creations stamps online at the store HERE.

scrsc102

I used the a subtle silver grid wash tape in two places: just above the image and again just behind his shoes. It adds a nice texture and matches the glitter on the buckles (hat and belt).

WashiChallenge_BirthdayJosh_Closeup1_DanielleLounds

The designer paper is from the Swagger paper pad by Fancy Pants.  I used a few brown pearls for additional embellishment and added more texture with the Tim Holtz Alterations – Blueprint embossing folder (Sizzix). And finally, I added stitching around the layers.

WashiChallenge_BirthdayJosh_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

Be sure to head over to the SCRS Blog for more samples from the talented design team. Or head directly to their blogs from here:

Joni Wilson
Simonne Clay
Sparkle Smith

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Josh (Sparkle Creations).
Paper: Marshmallow and Icy Mint (Bazzill Card Shoppe), Choice Snow White (TE), Kraft (MFT), Swagger designer (Fancy Pants).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Silver Spica pen (Copic).
Accessories: Washi (MT), foam dimensional tape (TE), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Brown pearls (Queen & Co.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)