Thursday, May 30, 2013

Essentials of Happiness

Hello!  How have you been?  I’ve had a bit of excitement this week called The Curse of the Deck.  Anything to do with maintaining the deck has gone wrong: from a good weather forecast to one of thunderstorms, pipe leading to the outside faucet bursting and flooding my downstairs (stop for cleanup and to buy a new dehumidifier), and then troubles with the pressure washer itself – busted o-ring and the tip trying to run away (but we finally found it!). Needless to say, I am ready for this weekend. Oh yes indeed. ;) 

I did find a few minutes to play along with this week’s TSG challenge to use circles. Easy peasy, and since Larry is all about circles I used him for my card.

CircleChallengeWithLarry_DanielleLounds

I cut a frame from corrugated cardboard using the Frame & Label, Bracket die from Sizzix and a circle from Icy Mint cardstock using a Circles LG Nestabilities die from Spellbinders. For embellishment I added some soft brown gingham ribbon from May Arts and a few pewter pearls from Kaiser.

CircleChallengeWithLarry_Closeup_DanielleLounds

The sentiment was stamped directly on the card base. Some designer paper from the Swagger line by Fancy Pants was used to back the frame cutout. The die cuts and Larry were all adhered to the card base using foam dimensional tape.

CircleChallengeWithLarry_Sentiment_DanielleLounds

That’s it for me.  I’m off to bake some cookies for my niece’s graduation party.  I think that project will go much better than the Clean the Cursed Deck project. :D

3 comments:

  1. EEEEEEK! I love this!!! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my computer won't let me use the 'contact me' function so I hope you read all your comments, especially with all the troubles you have that keep you busy. What I'd like to know is where you get your great corrugated paper? I've only seen it in colors locally and I love how you've used it in your sweet, sweet card! I tried to tear some cardboard apart but it does not leave as nice of a finished product and the corrugation is large. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, this cow is oh-so funny! You made my day with this card. I love this sentiment. Thank you for your inspiration!
    Anna
    Your follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)