Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hey Chickie

Hello Crafty Friends -

I have some fun news today – I’ve been asked to be the May Guest Designer for Retro Sketches, one of my favorite sketch sites. Of course, I said yes. :)

RS62_HeyChickie_DanielleLounds

Here is Sketch 62. You can hop over to the Retro Sketches blog for more samples by the design team… there may be a theme going on for this week’s challenge. ;)

RS62

For my card I used the Chubby Chums stamp set from Paper Smooches and the All About a Boy designer paper pad from Echo Park. I paper pieced the chick with designer paper and white cardstock and once assembled and colored with Copic markers I coated her beak and feet with Glossy Accents.

RS62_HeyChickie_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

For embellishment, I used some May Arts ribbons and an orange button as well as a bit of stitching.

RS62_HeyChickie_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Bright colors and a chick… definitely a card for Spring. That is it from me today – hope your day has a some sun. :D

4 comments:

  1. so cute! i love how you paper pieced the chick- cool sketch too! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Danielle-Super cute little chubby card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the ribbons, and ricrac!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)