Saturday, May 11, 2013

RS63: Gone Fishin’

Hello! I’m back today with another card.  This time I made a fun fishin’ card for today’s Retro Sketches challenge. I loved the sketch and I think it might have kicked off a cleaner style (less layers and no sewing).  But I’m sure I will switch back on my next card or the one after. ;)

RS63_GoneFishing_DanielleLounds

And here is the sketch, check out the awesomeness that it is (Retrosketches blog):

RS63

I used the Anna Wight Hooked on Fishing stamp set from Whipper Snapper Designs and some patterned paper from the Swagger designer pad from Fancy Pants. 

I colored the images with Copic markers and added a bit of shine using Copic Spica pens.

RS63_GoneFishing_Closeup2_DanielleLounds

Since I was going for a clean look I only used a bit of Bittersweet Grosgrain Ribbon (May Arts) and pearls (Queen & Co.).

RS63_GoneFishing_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Later gators – I need to take a break from the stamping and do some yard work.  Blech. ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome...love the little fishies-a perfect use of the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)