Wednesday, June 5, 2013

conGRADulations

Hi all – last weekend my niece graduated from high school and I needed a card, so of course I made one.  Although I did have to come to terms with the idea that I’m old enough to have a niece that is old enough to graduate before I could start the card. LOL.

I’ve been eyeing the images from Saturated Canary for a while and although I’m not super fond of digis I thought Grad Girl 2013 would be perfect for my niece’s card.  So I bought it and some of her friends and then I had a blast coloring her (and a couple of the others I bought so expect more cards featuring these cuties).

StephanieCongratsGrad_DanielleLounds

I colored Grad Girl with Copic markers, making sure to add a blue streak to her hair (my niece is very experimental with her hair). The sentiment is from a There She Goes set called conGRADulations. The paper is from the Swagger paper pad by Fancy Pants. I used some ribbon from May Arts, a few pearls and the Thickers stickers (American Crafts) to decorate the card.

StephanieCongratsGrad_Closeup_DanielleLounds

Enjoy and have a great day… tomorrow… it is kind of late today as I’m posting this. :D

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, super-cute card! Love that you made sure to place a blue streak in her hair! Your monochromatic color scheme is really great! LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)